Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Art Education (1 Viewer)

periodic-mabel

HSC
:D i want to do bachelor of design (vis comm)!
what uni are you going to?

gpark

HSC
how is it?

heyo im doin my hsc n i reallly wanna do b. of design & art education but is it a good course> wat kinda stuff do u do>

biggie walls

HSC
Re: how is it?

well basically you learn to become an art teacher, but also learn some design so you can teach in the industrial technology faculty of schools too... i have a few friends doing it and they seem to enjoy it

mslgal

HSC
Hey guys...

Just procrastinating here and LOL. i didnt noe i had an account with Bored of Studies..

Anyways, just stumbled across this page and thought, hey! why not post a msg since i actually study this course!!

If you goto the UNSW Handbook and search for this combined degree, you should be able to find the programPDF which displays the typical structure of how the degrees are run. It is usually really common for a student to pick 2 Design subjects and 2 Art Education subjects for each semester. It is entirely upto you, but I would recommend students who pick this course to at least start off with the subjects displayed on the programPDF.

This would allow you to understand the basics and foundations of each course - teaching in art and design, and design. There are quite a few subjects where you need a pre-requisite to enrol in (eg: in order to enrol in Design Studio 4, you obviously have had to pass Design Studio 1)

The good things about enrolling in this course are that there is approximately 12hours of uni each week only (thought you need to spend quite a lot of time designing for some assignments...) and also, the environment is more laid back than the main campus. However, anyone enrolled in this combined degree will most likely be studying the next two years at the main campus, in Kensington, as COFA will be renovating and they will be knocking a few buildings down to build a new glass design-like building.

Another advantage about enrolling in this combined degree is that each year, it is a requirement to find schools to do your professional experience/work experience. The 1st years will find one primary school to observe/teach for 8 days. It is only in the 4th year where you don't do work experience in teaching. Instead, you will find a design company and become an intern for a while. (I'm not sure about the duration as I'm currently a 2nd year student)

OK. THAT SEEMS LIKE A LOT WRITING TO ME! heheh... oh, to balance out the pros and cons... well, according to some 3rd/4th year students, they believe that the combined degree is not well structured and not organised.

Goodluck with the rest of your HSC exams and congratulations on finishing year 12! (oh and btw, all the core subjects in the programPDF all assignment based. There is absolutely NO exams!!.. you only get exams when you pick your electives..)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)