• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bachelor of economics careers? (1 Viewer)

sifu

HSC
Hi i am doing b eco-arts

I want to know about economics career opportunities say that i am going to major in finance or accounting and financial economics or just economics. Is it same as commerce? I want to see my future career in financial planning etc.

Also i want to know if our subjects are same as commerce in sem 2 and beyond? apart from mgmt difference.

Thank you all guys,

miaowsha

HSC
Hi i am doing b eco-arts

I want to know about economics career opportunities say that i am going to major in finance or accounting and financial economics or just economics. Is it same as commerce? I want to see my future career in financial planning etc.

Also i want to know if our subjects are same as commerce in sem 2 and beyond? apart from mgmt difference.

Thank you all guys,
The handbook has your answers. Oh and it's not just about your piece of paper.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Unless you are acredited by a professional orginization like engineers australia or Chartered Accountants no one gives a shit

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm I think I might be able to help here. I recently finished last year and I was originally doing a B Ec B A degree. I did majors in Eco and Fins but dropped the Arts degree. Complete the courses required for RG146 compliance. You should be able to find that on the handbook or the banking and finance school website.

from memory they should be:
FINS1612
FINS 2624
FINS2643
FINS3637

and heads up. I currently work as a Financial Planner. Actually I just got it.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Unless you are acredited by a professional orginization like engineers australia or Chartered Accountants no one gives a shit
I will have to slightly agree with studentleader on this point. You need a point of differentiation and to be RG146 trained and accredited from ASIC is an advantage over someone else who has the same majors. But again it just depends on what you want from your degree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)