Bachelor of Fine Arts (1 Viewer)

Hidden_Dragon

Anyone going for it?, cause im going for it in UWS which is interview based... 5 large Drawings and 3 Prints(etching).. i think i might make it..

Cheers

Jase

HSC
What's the selection criteria? do they look at your skill or personality or passion or something. what about UAI?

Well, I havn't really considered doing art in uni.. not my thing, but if i fail in everything else, then I dunno.. as long as i go to Sydney uni or fine arts...

Are all the art people here doing an art course in uni?

artfaggette

dongs
HSC
I'm going COFA or SCA, both seem pretty rad.
Cofa is UAI based, Sydney College of the Arts is portfolio(10works) and interview.
With SCA I believe you had to get in a form a month or so ago to get an interview.

SmiLeyZ

ive applied for sydney college of arts!
gettin nervous thinkin bout it!
ahaha...applied for COFA also...bt UAI IS TOO HIGH~ HAHAH

Hidden_Dragon

Jase said:
What's the selection criteria? do they look at your skill or personality or passion or something. what about UAI?

Well, I havn't really considered doing art in uni.. not my thing, but if i fail in everything else, then I dunno.. as long as i go to Sydney uni or fine arts...

Are all the art people here doing an art course in uni?
The selection criteria is based on interview they see how you communicate to them and how good your artworks are like ur major work or maybe works outside.. you gotta do a questionare.. they even look at your art process diary =P.. my interview is on 30th Nobember ppl are booking it hard i booked at august... so basically its not based on UAI but u gotta go all the way to Penrith which will take up alot of fuel on my car from Liverpool :(..

Cheers

fairycuntmother

HSC
i'm a sca student and its good but i don't want to you go based on this and have a shit time and be a shit artist
just a hint though, sca has an awesome social life but you have to get things started and slease the day like if the uni holds free drinks you have to go, don't try and be cool, and also don't try and imitate the art they have been showing you for projects and if you don't like it you should make art thtat pays is out <--- won't get you good marks though and don't let pretentious stuff intimitade you do your own thing unless its pretentous but genuine (you know waht i mean)

we have done SVIDEO miniDV and film (8mm) in eta (electronic and temporal art) which has been awesome, but also have had to do life/computer/experrimental drawing class, another class and two theory classes that are way easy and only wrote about 3000words each semester (way less then cofa, heaps more practical based). i know that all the printmedia, photomedia, glass, students are happy with the course, not to sure about painting students, and scuplture students think its a bit of a bludge i feel
and jewerelly students aren't enjoying it HEAPS but i know they are still glad, i think its just hard work (physically)
we don't have a uni bar, just a cafgay but heaps of pubs nearby and ROZELLE is a really placey place real close to the city plus the campus is awesome oldschool and big and (don't tell anyoen) but youve probably heard it was a mental asylum and they have these secret underground cave things and we went down there and ther's no windowan and i stold ethe torch and turned it off and then i lost my jumper and we found a t shirt!!!!!!!!
PS DON"T COME IF YOU ARE SHITCUNT WE AHVE NO TIME FOR YOYU

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
im going for the Bachelor of Arts (visual) at ANU Canberra - i have to submit 16 drawings, 6 paintings, my sketchbook and my photographs, and also do an interview, plus a life drawing workshop arghhhhh and its all in 2 weeks time!!!! CRAP! i havent done anything!! I wana submit my hsc bow stuff... are we allowed to have them back yet? theyve already marked them yeah?

SyL

HSC
we take more drugs than a touring funk band

yeah got an interview for SCA on 30th November. I have to start putting the portfolio togther - I have photos of my major work and should do some drawings... I don't even know if I'm that keen for this course, I'm taking a year off anyways. How the fuck does one get into commercial arts? :confused:

fpunk

ive been to SCA for a year now
its great ive made some really good friends
and interestign characters. i do electronic temporal arts which
is not really a film course if thats what ure looking for
more of an arty farty film study/
the campus is a bit too old school not modern at all
a bit like going back in time
if u like modern designer art courses u should do design at uts or at cofa....but of course uai is really high for those campuses
sca is pretty much portfolio base...so if uve got great art they'll take u in
anyway...sca is haunted apparently ...theres like dungeons underground but i haven't been down there......anyway...after being there a year some ppl have decided to leave one of my frds is changing to interior architecture and one wants to defer...if ure really passionate about art u should study at sca make sure its what u really want.. at the end of the day

fpunk

fairycuntmother said:
i'm a sca student and its good but i don't want to you go based on this and have a shit time and be a shit artist
just a hint though, sca has an awesome social life but you have to get things started and slease the day like if the uni holds free drinks you have to go, don't try and be cool, and also don't try and imitate the art they have been showing you for projects and if you don't like it you should make art thtat pays is out <--- won't get you good marks though and don't let pretentious stuff intimitade you do your own thing unless its pretentous but genuine (you know waht i mean)

we have done SVIDEO miniDV and film (8mm) in eta (electronic and temporal art) which has been awesome, but also have had to do life/computer/experrimental drawing class, another class and two theory classes that are way easy and only wrote about 3000words each semester (way less then cofa, heaps more practical based). i know that all the printmedia, photomedia, glass, students are happy with the course, not to sure about painting students, and scuplture students think its a bit of a bludge i feel
and jewerelly students aren't enjoying it HEAPS but i know they are still glad, i think its just hard work (physically)
we don't have a uni bar, just a cafgay but heaps of pubs nearby and ROZELLE is a really placey place real close to the city plus the campus is awesome oldschool and big and (don't tell anyoen) but youve probably heard it was a mental asylum and they have these secret underground cave things and we went down there and ther's no windowan and i stold ethe torch and turned it off and then i lost my jumper and we found a t shirt!!!!!!!!
PS DON"T COME IF YOU ARE SHITCUNT WE AHVE NO TIME FOR YOYU
by the way are u first second or third year? just curious

failinghsc

I MADE IT INTO THE NATIONAL ART SCHOOL. i really didnt try all that hard. IS IT A GOOD SCHOOL!? IS IT SHIT? and is it hard to get into

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)