Bachelor of International Business Help!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hello Everyone.
I am currently in Year 12. And i really would like to do International Business. As i love doing Business Studies now, i'd like a career in the Business industry. I would like to know is there travelling involved in the Bachelor of International Business Course? And anyone doing this course? How are they finding it? Is it a boring course? I'd really like a course that involves travelling internationally and something business like? Can someone help me? Any help is fine.
I'm thinking of doing a Diploma of International Business at Martin College and then transfering to Uni after i've finished it is that possible??

Thanks.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
Last edited:

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
If i remember correctly, the UAI cut-off for "International xyz" is like 99+ ?

EDIT:
Opps.
"Degree UAI 2004 Years
BInternational Business 90.00 3F/EqP "

But i thought there was some international study with a UAI that high at Mac.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yeah its bba int'l that has the hig cut off...

i don't think anyone on this board does b. int'l business!!

milkyway

Hey, I'm in my first year of B.IntBus. There is no direct travelling involved in the degree, like no components where they send you overseas. It's called International Business cos its focusing on business on a global scale. I'm enjoying the course. The reason that I picked it, is because you are able to do alot of arts subjects without having to do an arts degree as well, also cos I liked Soc and Cult in HSC and I can chose to major in anth and soc. Im pretty sure that no other Int Bus course at other unis lets you do subjects like that as most are B.Bus(Int), so with the Mac degree you are able to avoid excessive economics and stuf like that.

The elective patterns you can pick from are:
markting/demography
anthropology/sociology
human geography
business/economics
politics.

So far the subjects I have done are
Business Economics
Intro Statistics
Critical Thinking
Fundamentals of Marketing
Intro to Anthropolgy
Financial Accounting
Society, Space and Environments
Intor to Sociology: Popular Culture

Ummmm, anything else you want to know, just ask :)

P.S I'm pretty sure that employers prefer people who have earned their degree (ie. achieved the UAI needed) rather than just had their parents pay for one.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
milkyway said:
...P.S I'm pretty sure that employers prefer people who have earned their degree (ie. achieved the UAI needed) rather than just had their parents pay for one.
what exactly do you mean by that? i mean we all have to earn our degrees by putting in the hours and years of study... and i don't really think that UAI thing applies to MQ because of their easy internal transfer policy system. ;) :p

HSC
i wanna pull a glitterfairy and just revive this

im soooooooo bored

.... well i MADE IT to macq and have completed a semester, really like the macq experience and can't wait for more to come...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
what ever happened to Jlh anywayz?
he went to canada and got a life probably lol

yeah i havbn't seen this guy in ages, he was like one of my first rl uni mates i made at macq

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)