Bachelor of Journalism anyone? And arts students, too! (1 Viewer)

trao06

HSC
Hi all,

I'm from Sydney and am considering the Bachelor of Journalism/Bachelor of Arts degree at UQ next year.

If anybody does the Bachelor of Journalism or the Bachelor of Arts, any info would be great thank you =) Anything along the lines of do you like it, what does the course entail, what are your majors/minors, how good is it etc. would be really helpful!

Thanks!

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
I did arts for a year. I thought there was a good range of courses to choose from. I would have majored in history and linguistics, if I had have continued (I switched to speech pathology). First year psychology is ridiculously easy, history is much harder, COMU1000 is an absolute joke of a course with no substance, and COGS1000 is pure philosophy - don't listen to them when they say it's multidisciplinary. How's that for helpful?

A Poisoned Seed

HSC
Hi all,

I'm from Sydney and am considering the Bachelor of Journalism/Bachelor of Arts degree at UQ next year.

If anybody does the Bachelor of Journalism or the Bachelor of Arts, any info would be great thank you =) Anything along the lines of do you like it, what does the course entail, what are your majors/minors, how good is it etc. would be really helpful!

Thanks!
Wow, that's my top preference :D *high five*

gckc123

HSC
N/A
I did a BArt at UQ years ago. My major is psychology and maths. I think the art program in UQ is pretty good coz they offers a very wide range of courses.

But I would say that many tutors at UQ are not very good. Some of the tutors just have a very shallow knowledge in the courses they tutor. In certain department, they even hire second year students to tutor first year courses.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
BA/BJ (lol blowjob) is my first pref for 2010 but i must ring QTAC like right now cos I don't think they have my current address. I probs won't take it anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)