Bachelor of med / bachelor of surgery (1 Viewer)

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
Hi guys I was just wondering what are the requirements to get an offer. I heard it was 95.5 atar but don't know about umat. Input would be appreciated ty.

Nazy

HSC
They don't release umat, but it's pretty high. Yes I do believe the cutoff is 95.5 for non GWS. For GWS it is 93.5 and the umat cutoff is lower for GWS applicants, but the atar isn't considered as part of your application only umat and interview is counted. Umat (1/3) and interview (2/3). Your atar is merely differentiating between people getting an interview offer and people who are not.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
85th perc+
The queen knows everything, for a start, she goes to the UNI itself, unconfirmed sources suggest that one day she is going to become the Dean of Medicine at the University itself.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
The queen knows everything, for a start, she goes to the UNI itself, unconfirmed sources suggest that one day she is going to become the Dean of Medicine at the University itself.
wat

tyrone97

HSC
Hi guys I was just wondering what are the requirements to get an offer. I heard it was 95.5 atar but don't know about umat. Input would be appreciated ty.
As a rough indicator of cut-off criteria for NSW Unis:
UNSW - median atar for entry ~99.6, umat required usually 90+%ile for interview offer. In order to be competitive you need 99+
Griffith provisional entry - 99.6+ atar (not nsw but you can still apply through uac for it)
USYD Combined- 99.95 atar (no interview, no umat)
UWS - for GWS 91+ atar threshold, umat must be 90%ile+ usually and they place greater weighting on s1 and s2. (easiest to get into in terms of ATAR req., if you are good at MMI interview you will easily get in)

Generally for interstate Unis I would say that 98+ atar is needed to be competitive. Also, there are usually no "requirements" (as you put it) for an offer - they rank all their applicants in terms of whatever criteria the university uses, and the top X number get invited to an interview and they keep sending out interviews in subsequent rounds until all their spots are filled. Because medicine is a very high demand course (you generally have 2000+ applicants for unis in SA and 4000+ for unis in NSW), you will also need a high atar. If in some year, the number of med applicants suddenly decreases, the atar scores required would also be lower, but this is extremely unlikely. To maximise your chances and give yourself the most options aim for 99.5+ atar.

Hope this helps, and good luck for HSC!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)