Bachelor of Media & Communications (1 Viewer)

Anonymous

Hey all,

Can anyone here provide me with some information on BA Media & Communications? Like what can be learnt from this course, and what the chances/prosepcts of the career opportunities associated with it, are like.

Also there is a huge uai cutoff gap between this course being offered at UNSW and the one at USYD - around 87 uai at UNSW as compared with around 98 at USYD. Maybe it has to do with the fact that USYD's BA media and communications is a 4 yr course as with UNSW's offering of just 3yrs.

I hear its quite an interesting course, involves teamwork, and challenges, all the while learning how multimedia works and to create works using multimedia :p

Also what are the differences between BA Media & Communications with Bsc Media & Communications?

and one last qn to those that do it, are there heaps of hot chicks doing the course? and what are their compositions e.g. asian, aussie etc. ok ill shut up now.

Last edited:

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
and wat are the compulsory media/communications things that you have to do?

HSC
Alright... I'm doing BA Media and Comm.

and so far its been pretty damn good...

basically theres four subjects you do... three of which are electives... the core subject is half new media theory and half new media production.... so if you're into multimedia stuff it should be pretty good.

the three electives can be pretty much anything that is available to arts students... so you could take up a language, do film studies, politics, sociology, philosopy, economics... what ever tickles your fancy really...

As for the differences between the this course and the one at usyd... this course is more about multimedia... while the one in usyd is journalism and that like... so they're pretty different considering the similiarity in name...

yes theres a fair number of hot chicks doing the course... theres probably slightly more chicks than guys... and theres probably more aussie than asian.... are you happy now?

Go here to learn more about the course and sample some of the type of projects you doMedia and Comm. Homepage

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Originally posted by Anonymous
Hey all,

Also there is a huge uai cutoff gap between this course being offered at UNSW and the one at USYD - around 87 uai at UNSW as compared with around 98 at USYD. Maybe it has to do with the fact that USYD's BA media and communications is a 4 yr course as with UNSW's offering of just 3yrs.

i dunno what the intake for UNSW is but for usyd its
"15" yes only 15!

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
oh yeh

B science one is communicating across in the science area
also you study some units from art/science

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
15, yikes!!! No wonder the UAI cutoff is so darn high!!!!

Sukiyaki, do you know someone doing the BA Media Comm at Syd, or like did you get info from the open day or something? Because I'm quite interested in that course but I live in the country and haven't been able to get much information about it.... have you heard what it's like, what people think about it, etc?

HSC
Originally posted by Soul
just curious:)

Didya do film studies as your arts elective?
Yeah I did.

Probably the best subject I've done so far.

Every week you watch a film! and theres a really good variety of films (foreign, silent, classics, modern etc.) so your taste expands (well at least for me)....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)