Bachelor of Physiotherapy (1 Viewer)

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
The atar cut off for 2016 for physio at wsu reduced to 99.7 but they removed bonus points from regional area scheme and subject bonus points. I can now only get bonus points from EAS as I go to an disadvantaged school so I will get a couple of bonus points there. However 99.7 is very far-fetched and a reasonable atar for me would be around 94-97 so what atar would I need to get to still get into this course?

dust3

HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon if you score within that range, you should make it into UWS easily - like most of their other coures (except Med).

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
UWS hyper-inflate their ATAR requirements (except med which is pre-determined, before demand)
If you get 94 you should be fine.
You can also try for Physio at USyd Cumbo.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
UWS hyper-inflate their ATAR requirements (except med which is pre-determined, before demand)
If you get 94 you should be fine.
You can also try for Physio at USyd Cumbo.
Oh okay..that's a bit of am relief..yeah I'm aiming for usyd and wsu is my 2nd option. There is a link for usyd where they have stats for each course...median atar to get in, %who met the atar cut off..so I was wondering of there was a similar thing for wsu? Also if you don't mind me asking how do you know that an atar around 94 will get me in?

Simorgh

HSC
I know this off-topic. Sincere apologies :p

I am really into the Allied Health and Medicine industry as a whole. So I was considering Physiotheraphy as a 2nd option if I don't get into Medicine, so was wondering what made you interested in Physiotherapy in particular? Do you have to be a really fit and sporty-minded person in order to enjoy Physiotherapy?

What sort of Physio role are you seeking? Like do you want to work for a Sports team, Hospital, private clinic...etc?

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
I know this off-topic. Sincere apologies :p

I am really into the Allied Health and Medicine industry as a whole. So I was considering Physiotheraphy as a 2nd option if I don't get into Medicine, so was wondering what made you interested in Physiotherapy in particular? Do you have to be a really fit and sporty-minded person in order to enjoy Physiotherapy?

What sort of Physio role are you seeking? Like do you want to work for a Sports team, Hospital, private clinic...etc?
I love learning about human physiology and am really interested in fitness and sports so I think sport physio is the perfect career path for me.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh okay..that's a bit of am relief..yeah I'm aiming for usyd and wsu is my 2nd option. There is a link for usyd where they have stats for each course...median atar to get in, %who met the atar cut off..so I was wondering of there was a similar thing for wsu? Also if you don't mind me asking how do you know that an atar around 94 will get me in?
there is not a similar thing and I doubt there ever will be
UNSW started that iirc and USyd followed to try and be more "transparent" about their cutoffs

Some UWS courses would have admissions >20 points below cutoff. So they don't want to advertise that.
Although, stats released by UAC/SMH (I don't remember) showed that 100% of accepted applicants to the UWS physiotherapy course were below the cutoff.
Lol

I don't *know* that 94 will get you in
But I can say you have a decent shot, because I know people doing physio at UWS with ~92 as their ATAR
I also know people that transferred from courses with credit averages, which you would easily be able to get at UWS with a 94 ATAR.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
there is not a similar thing and I doubt there ever will be
UNSW started that iirc and USyd followed to try and be more "transparent" about their cutoffs

Some UWS courses would have admissions >20 points below cutoff. So they don't want to advertise that.
Although, stats released by UAC/SMH (I don't remember) showed that 100% of accepted applicants to the UWS physiotherapy course were below the cutoff.
Lol

I don't *know* that 94 will get you in
But I can say you have a decent shot, because I know people doing physio at UWS with ~92 as their ATAR
I also know people that transferred from courses with credit averages, which you would easily be able to get at UWS with a 94 ATAR.
this?
http://www.smh.com.au/national/educ...-with-atars-as-low-as-30-20160125-gmdvr6.html

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Just for reference, the cut off now being 95 ATAR is very strict as they don't give entry to students below that unless you have EAS, which for the disadvantaged schooling environment catagory you will still need min 94 ATAR.

Last edited:

Nikolerak

HSC
Just for reference, the cut off now being 95 ATAR is very strict as they don't give entry to students below that unless you have EAS, which for the disadvantaged schooling environment catagory you will still need min 94 ATAR.
Not sure if you will see this as it has been more than 2 years. Currently the cut off is 90. Does that include any regional points or EAS for a personal illness?
Also would you know anything about Physiotherapy at ACU?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)