*** Bachelor Of Policing HELP!!!! *** (1 Viewer)

Cabrera1990

HSC
I am wanting a career in the criminal investigation/ policing/ enforcement industry, and i have had a mind set on later joining the NSW Police Force, whcih has been a dream for many many years. I am wanting to complete this course as means to mature and graduate at 21 and also to attain "further" knowledge in the field of policing which can better my chances promotion wise as a means of moving around easier in the force compared to direct entry and also fincanially, like i was wondering if i would ultimately earn a small amount more aside to a driect entry officer who hasnt completed the degree? I find it increadible that students pay with their own money and time to complete a course and every officer i have asked about this course they give me the same response; "it doesnt help you out in any way" i mean WTF?!?!?! as if any one disagree with that?

CAN ANY PRESENT STUDENTS HELP ME OUT ABOUT HOW THIS COURSE WOULD ULTIMATELY BENEFIT ME WITHIN THE NSW POLICE FORCE AND ALSO OTHER JOBS OR CAREERS I MAY BE ABLE TO CHOOSE LATER IN LIFE?!?!?!?!

Please help me out i will be starting soon and i am eager to find out MORE!!!! Especially from students who are already soing the course.....

THANKYOU SO MUCCCHHHHH

Last edited:

BigDk

HSC
why the hell u wanna be a pig for. they are the least respected people in the community.

u find a good one every now and then,.

Cabrera1990

HSC
And why are you posting irrelevant comments in my thread?!?!?! :mad1: Do i really care for your ignorant narrow minded thoughts about my future career choice, i don't think so....so maybe you should read the title and accompanying text. And to correct you "the least respected people in the community" are the scum in the streets they deal with and if you hang around "them" to long you also get called scum/pigs so think about it mate its just a job, you shouldn't have a problem with police unless you've committed crimes yourself....:rofl:

Thank you for wasting my time and can i get some REAL relevant input here please?

Thanks.....

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I don't know much about the course you're doing... but I think it's a good thing to do the course. You've clearly been wanting to do it for a long time, and so regardless of what some people may have said to you, I am convinced you should go for it anyway.

While having the degree won't alter your entry prospects into policing at first (i.e. you will enter as a low level officer), it will set you apart from many of the other officers who may have joined through direct entry. And as well as that, it will have given you the research skills to be able to work in different crime-related fields if you decide to follow a different career path in the future (e.g. criminology).

I work with someone who's in his second or third year of the degree, and it seems as though he's enjoyed it so far... so overall I think you should go for it.

Felix-x34

Asylum Request Pending
HSC
why the hell u wanna be a pig for. they are the least respected people in the community.

u find a good one every now and then,.
Piss off pleb, if you dont have anything to offer this thread, then dont bother posting at all.

CAN ANY PRESENT STUDENTS HELP ME OUT ABOUT HOW THIS COURSE WOULD ULTIMATELY BENEFIT ME WITHIN THE NSW POLICE FORCE AND ALSO OTHER JOBS OR CAREERS I MAY BE ABLE TO CHOOSE LATER IN LIFE?!?!?!?!
First off, WHY ARE WE YELLING???

Secondly, public service is a privilege and im glad someone else here has chosen to go into it. Its a very admirable and reputable career path and theres no shame in saying you enforce the law.

Thirdly, this course would benefit you absolutely zilch within the NSW Police Force, graduates who complete this degree and end up employment with State Police all complain and regret why they took an extra 2 years studying when all they needed was 12 months Police training.

And finally, other jobs and careers? Policing could certainly get you into other State or Federal investigative or intelligence services, im also sure some private security firms would appreciate your credentials.

Hope that helps,
Felix

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)