• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bachelor of Policing (1 Viewer)

Spirits

HSC
N/A
Does anyone at Campbelltown do this? I'm wondering if this is what you do to become like one of those CSI people. Thanks

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
For that CSI stuffo, you need to do forensic science - taught at Hawkesbury.

http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/course.asp?course=3589.2

Apparently its an interesting course - but i guess it just depends if you interested in it.

I'm still yet to find the crime house. I found the recycling plant the other day. I might search for the crime house tomorrow :p

Spirits

HSC
N/A
ok thanks for correcting my misconception...so does anyone here do it?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
my friend whats to be a fed police and they told her she should do criminology instead of policing...isn't there a forensic science one too?
Can't you do these subjects at Bankstown??? I think if I do crim and law it will be crim at banstown and law at parra?

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
im currently doing policing atm @ bankstown.. its the only campus its offered at...

policing leads into the police but a lot who do the course, change to law, forensics after 2nd year cause they have the basics in crime...

if you become a cop, you can always study forensics under the police service... they will pay for your degree.. thats my intention.. the cops can pay for me to do my law degree

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
They don't even have the crime house on the map :( damn, wanted to find it!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
We wanted to do that CSI subject as part of our degree. Then we realised we couldn't and it would have little relevance to tourism!

Spirits

HSC
N/A
William_Lawry said:
policing leads into the police but a lot who do the course, change to law, forensics after 2nd year cause they have the basics in crime...
So people using policing as a stepping stone?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Spirits said:
So people using policing as a stepping stone?
someone who is related to me (i am really bad with figuring out the types of cousins) was a police dude, then a police prosecutor and now he is a barrister

I think the same thing happens with people who wanna do forensics...they do policing first and then move on to forensics

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Geez, I swear I walked around the whole 1500 ha this morning looking for the crime house. Yet I still can't find the bloody thing!!!

HSC
B Social Science (Criminology) possibly leads to a career in the social side of criminal investigations, i guess you could think of that as kind of like CSI, just without the dudes that do the forensic stuff.

zzangelzz

Queen of the Damned
HSC
OI William, hahha I know who you are :cool:

yeh, I'm doing a bachelor of Policing at Bankstown at the moment also. The degree is really flexible and allows you to combine alot of disciplines together, for example, I'm looking to get into a private investigations agency of some sort, so just because you're doing the Bachelor of Policing doesnt mean you're restricted in terms of employment opportunities. What i would recommend is that you read through information on all the courses, especially the units you'll be doing, so that you can find the best option for you.

Take it easy!
:)

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
zzangelzz said:
OI William, hahha I know who you are :cool:

yeh, I'm doing a bachelor of Policing at Bankstown at the moment also. The degree is really flexible and allows you to combine alot of disciplines together, for example, I'm looking to get into a private investigations agency of some sort, so just because you're doing the Bachelor of Policing doesnt mean you're restricted in terms of employment opportunities. What i would recommend is that you read through information on all the courses, especially the units you'll be doing, so that you can find the best option for you.

Take it easy!
:)
omg omg.. who am i???

and who r u??

alanajane

HSC
the crime house was open on the Hawkesbury Showcase day last year....it is on the hawkesbury campus, but apparently just looks like a normal house, and it isnt always open....it just for the students im pretty sure :)

zzangelzz

Queen of the Damned
HSC
Thanks Alanajane :rolleyes:

On another note; alot of people also don't realise that you don't have to go the Goulburn in your final year of study , you can instead opt to do units at uni and refine your knowledge on the areas you're interested in...

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Exactly, and the guy who runs Policing and Governance is the best lecturer/tutor ever.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
Spirits said:
Does anyone at Campbelltown do this? I'm wondering if this is what you do to become like one of those CSI people. Thanks

heya!
i am hoping to get a career like that...or similar anyway...
the course i would recommend is Bachelor of Science (honours) in applied chemisty- Forensic Science:)
looks awesome!
http://datasearch.uts.edu.au/courses/courseDetail.cfm?spk_cd=C09025&spk_ver_no=3

also there's one for forensic biology- which i think looks more at human evidence in crime scenes>>>
http://datasearch.uts.edu.au/courses/courseDetail.cfm?spk_cd=C10174&spk_ver_no=2

im not sure if this will help you personally sorry- but i just think these courses look really great.
xoxo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)