Bachelor of Science and Technology (1 Viewer)

MongMan

HSC
Bachelor of Science and Technology (Physics and Engineering)

I want to study physics. Would Majoring in Physics in though the B. Science and Technology degree be worthwhile?

Is anybody taking this degree? How useful would the engineering major be on top of a physics major in the job industry?

Bachelor of Science and Technology - University of Sydney
7. Bachelor of Science and Technology - Science handbook - The University of Sydney

Edit: Transfering to 3rd year engineering after the B. Science and Technology is completed is possible

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Re: Bachelor of Science and Technology (Physics and Engineering)

Engineering is employable, physics is not. Tbh I'd look at doing a combined BE/BSc from the start or just a straight BE.

MongMan

HSC

Tbh I'd look at doing a combined BE/BSc from the start.
Really? Why? B.S.T seems a good way to get a combined degree if physics is the priority.

Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Science * - Course Info for Future Students - The University of Sydney
* This degree is subject to final approval. This degree will replace the Bachelor of Liberal Studies, Bachelor of Liberal Studies (International), Bachelor of Arts and Sciences, and Bachelor of Science and Technology. Further information about the new degree will be available from March 2009 on the University’s website.
Anybody know about this? :confused:

uniform

!!!
HSC

Really? Why? B.S.T seems a good way to get a combined degree if physics is the priority.
B.S.T isn't a combined degree. To become an accredited engineer you need to take a further 2 years to essentially complete a BE anyway, so why not take a BSc/BE? It would take the same time to complete but you'd have much more freedom to choose what you want (and major in physics).

Well it looks like they've phased out the BST all together... so I guess you answered your own question? It would be pointless to take a B Liberal Arts and Science with physics and engineering majors and then to transfer and do 2 more years of engineering after that... just take the freaking BSc/BE!!!

MongMan

HSC

Well it looks like they've phased out the BST all together... so I guess you answered your own question? It would be pointless to take a B Liberal Arts and Science with physics and engineering majors and then to transfer and do 2 more years of engineering after that... just take the freaking BSc/BE!!!
Not sure if I'll have the marks for BSc/BE, 86?

On the other hand it looks like BST Physics, Engineering + 2 years = BSc/BE
Which looks pretty attractive to me.

If you read the site B. Liberal Arts and Science won't offer an engineering major/transfer program.

spence

HSC

Not sure if I'll have the marks for BSc/BE, 86?

On the other hand it looks like BST Physics, Engineering + 2 years = BSc/BE
Which looks pretty attractive to me.

If you read the site B. Liberal Arts and Science won't offer an engineering major/transfer program.
You can't do the BST anymore. It's being replaced. Did you read the link?

uniform

!!!
HSC
Umm, sorry to burst your bubble, but...

"Further information about the new degree will be available from March 2009 on the University’s website", and it is already april. According to this link form the 'university website' (Faculty of Science Degrees and Majors - Future Undergraduate Students - The University of Sydney) the BST is not even listed as a degree anymore, and if you click on the prospectus 2010 booklet link it isn't there either. It is gone foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)