Bachelor of science in geoscience (1 Viewer)

jssle1

HSC
hi im currently finishing off my Ba (philosophy) at monash uni in melbourne and are seriously considering doing a bachelor of science majoring in geoscience/geology or environmental science because of personal interest and career prospects. I just had a few questions

1. If i was looking to get into geologist work would i be better off doing a more specific degree like a bachelor of science (geology).

2. Will i need much maths? I will be 21 when i apply and i diddn't do mathematical methods which is usually a requirement at uni's in victoria. will i still be able to get in as a mature age student? and will i be able to scrape by without it?

3. what universities would be best for this? im currently thinking about monash again because it offers alot of subjects distance ed and would be easier to get some credits from my arts degree recognized. Im finding it really hard to find what subjects other uni's do distance ed. Im not planning on doing the whole degree distance ed but i like the option to do a few to cut down contact hours. Does anyone have any ideas on the best ways to obtain this kind of information?

Thanks alot guys i have done a fair bit of research but I would like some opinions from those who are currently or finished doing a similar degree. Any help would be appreciated.

nutting

HSC
Yes you can work in the mining field...big demand there ...but do you really want to be a geologist ? Much time spent outside from office and away from cities and women? There's some math involve.... but not as heavy as for Engineers.
The url in my signature will take you to a list of Unis offering Geology and Geophysics courses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)