bachelor of science questions (1 Viewer)

jaakeh

HSC
Hey I'm doing the HSC at the moment and don't know much about uni, but recently I've been researching it a bit. What can you do with a bachelor of science, or what are you planning on doing after uni if you're doing one? I'm not really interested in getting a high paying job, just want an interesting course, I'm into maths and physics. Is it true you can transfer to a bachelor of advanced science aswell if you do well? Thanks

imyh

HSC
Try reading the old threads and you'll find answers to your questions.

Regarding what you can do with a science degree, you might want to check out Graduate Destination Statistics - Students - The University of Sydney

Yes you can transfer to advanced science if you do well in your first semester/year (correct me if i'm wrong). According to the handbook, you can 'transfer if your mark averaged over all attempted units of study is 75 or greater, and if you able to enrol in the required number of Advanced subjects in subsequent years'. But right now, work hard for HSC! :)

Last edited:

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Why would honours in three years mean smaller HECS debt? The only possibility for that is for prerequisites to be waived, for which you do not need to be in TSP for.

_tsubi_

HSC
Hey I'm doing the HSC at the moment and don't know much about uni, but recently I've been researching it a bit. What can you do with a bachelor of science, or what are you planning on doing after uni if you're doing one? I'm not really interested in getting a high paying job, just want an interesting course, I'm into maths and physics. Is it true you can transfer to a bachelor of advanced science aswell if you do well? Thanks
thats what ive been thinking about too!! i like phys and chem the most so far (im only in year 11 :)) so i want to do something with that but i dont know what you can do except for becoming a teacher or a researcher?
teaching would be cool but i dont think i could stand putting up with kids considering the way some of our teachers get treated...but then what else is there? unless after you finish the bachelor of science you move into something more specified? is that easy to do?
i'm new, i dont really know about all of this sorry :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)