Bachelor of Sports Science (1 Viewer)

Stephie-Rae

HSC
Hi all,

I'm really interested in doing the Bachelor of Sports Science at Bond next year. I was just hoping to find someone with some feedback on the course and also how competitive it is to get into. I'll also put Bachelor of Exercise Science as my 2nd preference. My aim is to do the Bachelor of Sports Science (or Exercise Science) then do the Doctor of Physiotherapy course.

I'm also looking for information on students that have applied to Bond from somewhere in Australia besides Queensland. I've got a general idea of how it works, but some advice from personal experience would be wonderful.

Also in terms of moving to the GC, how hard is it to get accommodation (both on and off campus)? And whether its better to live on or off campus. I'm a bit worried about handling it all financially.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Hello!

I loathe sport, so I won't be able to give you advice on your course, but I can tell you my experiences in applying for the uni and what I've heard about the uni itself.

I hope you know that you will have to pay full fees now, because ALL scholarship applications closed on the 31st of July. Maybe some of the bursaries are still open? I don't want to insult your intelligence in case you already know all this but without financial assistance the degrees are fucking expensive (e.g. mine is $110 000 for three years).

So if you choose to invest that much you must think very carefully about whether or not you want to go there. FEE-HELP is capped at around $83 000 this year but your degree should come in at under that. If it doesn't then you're going to have to pull the money from somewhere.

Re: applying, not to sure how it works if you just apply without a scholarship because everyone i know applies for them. You can just do it through QTAC if you like. But it may require an interview still?

Re: accommodation, prices start from $115 a week for shared rooms and go up to $170something? My friend was a finalist for a scholarship and went up there on teh weekend, she said that 'The Flats' are the best place to stay (really sociable and all that). With a shared bathroom they are $155. Off campus, I have no idea but the Goldaz is probably the same prices as Brisbane/Adelaide, not so much Sydney prices.

Our school (i live in Tasmania btw) has a high rate of people who go there, and ALL the reviews I have heard are spastically positive. I ran into a girl doing Commerce/Law and she said its really intense cos of the lack of holidays but so worth it and the best thing ever. I also facebooked another girl doing Law/IR and she said that you'd be mad not to go to Bond.

Just be prepared to work hard I am thinking.

May see you there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)