bachelor or arts- international relations (1 Viewer)

AM04

Anyone doing this course at ANU? feedback would be great thanks!

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
No, but I've been doing some research, and Arts(Contemporary Europe) looks very interesting, plus the UAI isn't as exhorbitant as it would be at USYD.

porka

Ahh I love seeing kids trying to impress people they'll never meet by using "big" words such as exhorbitant (which actually doesn't have an h in it...).

But anyway. I'm not doing the IR degree but majoring in International Relations within my arts degree. The course itself seems pretty interesting although one has to endure Introduction to Political Science in 1st semester which is pretty boring, mainly due to the lecturer. But yeh it all seems good and I'm sure once you work through the formalities and get into specific areas it is sure to be more stimulating. But beware of the fact that every single kid who does IR wants to work in foreign affairs and for some strange reason the vast majority are naive enough to think it'll happen. But yeh, on the whole it's pretty good and apparently ANU's IR degree is meant to be somewhat highly regarded.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by porka
Ahh I love seeing kids trying to impress people they'll never meet by using "big" words...

...beware of the fact that every single kid who does IR wants to work in foreign affairs and for some strange reason the vast majority are naive enough to think it'll happen...
Well you seem like a complete wanker.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
wow ..someone is intelligent enough to use a word which has more than two syllables in it...geez what a shock. STFU porker

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Im not moody, its just the bunch of losers popping up here that are pissing me off in every forum. Alright, enough of spamming. If you have something to say next time to me santa, PM-ing is there for a reason.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
is the IR degree actually practical for anything...i mean realistically?

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
It is a very popular thing to do here - International Relations, though Political Science more so :p I guess if you wanted to be a diplomat or something, but it can also come in handy if you're dealing with large transnational corporations, stuff like that. Sorry I can't be of much help, not doing it myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)