Backpacking Around New Zealand (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Has anyone backpacked around NZ? I'm seriously considering going for about 2.5 weeks at the end of the year. Do you think $1800 would be enough to cover all expenses or am I being unrealistic?

Any tips or advice or "must see" places?

Ashleet

HSC
omg i was looking into the exact same thing today!! ive only managed to look at airfaires which were like $340 return

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The cheap airfares are one of the reasons I wanna go... I really wanna see new zealand and I am so eager to travel again.... where I live with all the international students and all these really well traveled people has made me crave going overseas again!!!! I'm going to really have to scrimp and save but I think $1800 is a realistic savings goal... I'm just not entirely sure if it's a reasonable amount to take, or if I will need more because I don't want to go over there and have to money and hence not experience a lot. I'm willing to go cheapo accomodation (hostels) and catch buses around the country.... any idea?

Where did u find the cheapest airfares? The cheapest I have found so far are at studentflights.com.au

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
$1800 is fine if you're planning on staying in hostels etc.. it should be more than enough to cover food, accom etc.

this sounds like a great thing to do, i want to check out new zealand

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Well the airfares to NZ are so cheap... I'm dying to travel again!!! But stupid work just cut back my hours so now I have to find a second job or I'll never get to go!

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
ok, all i can say is nz is fantastic, im half kiwi so have family there n have bn a couple of times...if you want i can ask about where you should go n the best places etc.

Ashleet

HSC

Where did u find the cheapest airfares? The cheapest I have found so far are at studentflights.com.au [/B]

so far its been virgin blue which was like $340 return, but then i can get a discount on top because im a virgin mobile user

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I really wanna travel - and NZ is near the top of my list!! Mind you, atm Im trying to get to Scotland on a working holiday!

But if you get to NZ let me know what its like! where to go and all that :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)