Bad mark in hsc exam good rank (1 Viewer)

jckalen

HSC
Hey!
So I’ve just done my modern exam and I know I performed badly as in pretty bad I am predicting a 72 raw mark. My internal rank is 3rd and I was 1% away from second place and 3% from first place. My cohort is okay we do have a few high performers but only about 5/30. I was wondering how my overall mark would be looking and if a 85 overall is untrainable or even an 80?

carrotsss

HSC
Hey!
So I’ve just done my modern exam and I know I performed badly as in pretty bad I am predicting a 72 raw mark. My internal rank is 3rd and I was 1% away from second place and 3% from first place. My cohort is okay we do have a few high performers but only about 5/30. I was wondering how my overall mark would be looking and if a 85 overall is untrainable or even an 80?
A 72 raw mark aligns to a hsc mark in the 80s so on that alone it is definitely attainable

jckalen

HSC
A 72 raw mark aligns to a hsc mark in the 80s so on that alone it is definitely attainable
Hi thank you for replying, I was wondering what is alignment is that based on the difficulty of the exam or the band cut offs ?

carrotsss

HSC
Hi thank you for replying, I was wondering what is alignment is that based on the difficulty of the exam or the band cut offs ?
Alignment is the process of converting raw marks to hsc marks and is based on the band descriptors and exam difficulty (basically yes a harder exam means better aligning)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)