Bad ranks in top selective school (1 Viewer)

nonchalance

HSC
So my friend unfortunately got low ranks in her trials. It wasn't for every single subject, but a majority. She's actually coming around 5/88 for ext eng, the others indicate a rank near the bottom though. I'm sort of worried because she really wants to do law.
Do you think it's possible for her to get in the 90s for her ATAR?

enoilgam

HSC
So my friend unfortunately got low ranks in her trials. It wasn't for every single subject, but a majority. She's actually coming around 5/88 for ext eng, the others indicate a rank near the bottom though. I'm sort of worried because she really wants to do law.
Do you think it's possible for her to get in the 90s for her ATAR?
Its hard to answer, but I'd say its possible because at such a school, the median ATAR is around 98 and like 80%(not 100% sure on this stat) get 90+ ATARs. So if she is ranked in the top 80% of her cohort, I'd say she would have a good chance of making 90. Do you have her exact rankings?

Last edited:

fiesycal

HSC
It depends where she wants to do law. UNSW and USYD are probably unfortunately out of the picture. But ANU, UTS etc are very much possible. Also at Baulko the median ATAR is closer to mid 98 than 95. So I would assume rank 3 (Hornsby Girls?) have a similar median ATAR. Also she can always do the degree she wants to combine law with at UNSW or USYD and attempt to transfer second year.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Except James Ruse, the top 5 schools tend to jump around abit over the years. James Ruse's median is something like 99.3, I'd say BHHS and HGHS would have median that is just under 99.

K

khorne

You can always do Law at UOW as well, it's pretty low there

mecramarathon

HSC
I know low-ranked people at high ranked schools getting ATARs in the < 80s

I'm estimating a 90+

But who knows how well she'll perform in the HSC (50% weighting)

And there's MQ, ANU or UWS Law

nonchalance

HSC
Okay thanks, unfortunately I don't have her ranks. Yea she says shes planning to go really well in externals so I hope she ends up with a decent ATAR.

nonchalance

HSC
Lol nah, I don't go to Hornsby I go to Syd Girls and I posted a thread before about my estimation. FYI mine is 99 +

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)