Bad subject combo? (1 Viewer)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
do you guys think this is a bad combo and what should i have changed??

English (std)
Maths (gen)
Physics
Chemistry
Business studies
Modern History

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
nope. its seems like its very mixed ie science, history scoial sciences. do u know like what u wanna do after school? coz if u wanna do something specifi ie science or history at uni u should head more in that direction but if u dont know u picked well coz u have abit of everything.

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
whats so wrong with that combo? its got modern history so i like it...hehe

santaslayer

HSC
hmmmmm... are u referring to the scaling of ur subjects?......if so, i dont think u should worry to much.....its a pretty good combo

except theres one thing im curious about...LoLz

at our school, if u were to do chem and physics, they recommended u to do 2u maths......
were ur friends referring to this unusual combo?

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
at our school, if u were to do chem and physics, they recommended u to do 2u maths......
Same at our school, when my cousin did physics at school she needed 3U maths to do physics. I did Chemistry on general maths and l don't think it affected it at all but for physics it a different question.

santaslayer

HSC
yeaa......but as long as ur comfortable with the subject combo urself

or school only had this requirement coz it was all becoz of sum stoopid notion of school reputation......meh

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Misturi
Same at our school, when my cousin did physics at school she needed 3U maths to do physics. I did Chemistry on general maths and l don't think it affected it at all but for physics it a different question.
our school said to do chem u needed to have done good in year 10 inter/adva maths and 4 phsyics advacned maths

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by *girl04*
our school said to do chem u needed to have done good in year 10 inter/adva maths and 4 phsyics advacned maths
I got top of my intermediate maths class in year 10 and l went fine in the maths part of chem, it was everything else that l went bad in.

Kulazzi

HSC
It was just recommended in my school that if u did advanced maths in yrs 9 & 10 then you will be able to "suffer" thru mathematics otherwise intermediate and standard students are recommended to choose general.

Kulazzi

HSC
Hey I do these subjects:

2U Mathematics
Advanced English
Business Studies
Textiles and Design
Software Design and Development
Society and Culture

Out of these 6 subjects, which one do I have to do well in in order to get a UAI of above 80, preferably 90, ?????

kpq_sniper017

kulazzi......to get a uai above 80/90, try to do well in all of them.......they're all of equal importance. and if u like them, and do well in them, u'll get a high uai.

at my school, u needed to do 2U maths to do chem, and be very good at yr 10 advanced maths to do physics.
theres not that much maths in chemistry so far.....

btw. what r u guys up to in chem? im on to the second part of "metals" (on the syllabus).

Kulazzi

HSC
I know what u mean to do well in ALL of them, but like I want your top three preferences

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by pcx_demolition017
btw. what r u guys up to in chem? im on to the second part of "metals" (on the syllabus).
l've completed chem, and done my hsc exam.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
yeh thats what pissed me the 2 u maths i wanted to do it but im not that good at maths you see... and decided i could get a 90+ in the gen maths test but with study in 2u still wouldnt have gotten not more then 75-85 so i figured scaling would be better
btw i want to do a Bsc ,Bmedicinal chem or Bastro Phys

depends on uai i guess. ive played around with sam and 86's in everything would be good :D

Last edited:

illin

Ill factor
HSC
You should take at look at my sub combo
English (Adv)
Maths (3u) maybe 4u next year and keep strugglying
Chem
Ancient Hist
French
German

Dat is Whack! Yeah i know. Does a subject combo really matter? I know that there are science, humanities, and other combos to follow but again does it really matter?
:confused:
:cool: hahahahaha

Kulazzi

HSC
german must be easy, kinda same as english! :D

But I think you have a good combination, like from nearly every subject dpet.

Eng, sci, maths, history, languages etc. etc.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by Kulazzi
Hey I do these subjects:

2U Mathematics
Advanced English
Business Studies
Textiles and Design
Software Design and Development
Society and Culture

Out of these 6 subjects, which one do I have to do well in in order to get a UAI of above 80, preferably 90, ?????
well the first three would be the ones that I imagine get scaled highest, but if you want a really up there UAI, you should aim for 90+ in every subject

to everyone else -there is no such thing as a 'bad subject combo', you do what you're comfortable with, and if doing 20 units of maths and science is your thing and you can deal, then do so

felafel

ah geez... all this talk about scaling... if you want a good UAI, you gotta work your ass off! simple plan i say

Kulazzi

HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
well the first three would be the ones that I imagine get scaled highest, but if you want a really up there UAI, you should aim for 90+ in every subject

to everyone else -there is no such thing as a 'bad subject combo', you do what you're comfortable with, and if doing 20 units of maths and science is your thing and you can deal, then do so
thanx for the advice :D I didn't realise you were quoting off me, I thought you were quoting off someone else, and when u said the first 3 subjects i read em off, Adv Eng, Mtahs and B.S yup they're all what I do, and then thats when i realised you quoted off me
How silly :shy: :D :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)