Bad TRIALS...is there hope for hsc (1 Viewer)

Bianca2552

HSC
I have just finished my trial exams and feel like all hope is lost for my hsc.
The reason for this is because throughout the whole year I did really well scoring in the 90s and 80s and had really high rankings. I always study and am not a student that will slack off. But when I received my trial marks I was completely gobsmacked of all the stupid mistakes that I made. For instance I chose the harder essay question or completely stuffed up the multiple choice.

I am still determined to do well and I know that o will be able to achieve over 90% in my exams but I feel like bursting into tears.
My aim was to get an atar of 90+ preferably around 95
My ranks I don't think will be as impacted but I just can't believe what has happened. I do 13 units (7 subjects) all of which are essay subjects whereby I feel that I didn't have much time to study each of them properly and I had them all squished in very close proximity.

INTERNAL MARKS AND RANKS BEFORE TRIALS
Society and culture: 93 (2/15)
Legal Studies: 84 (7/43)
Business studies: 95 ((1/46)
Geography: 91 (2/13)
English Standard: 77 (5/89)
Sor I: 88 (17/88)
Italian continuers: 70 (4/12)

TRIALS
Society and culture: 47/60
Legal Studies: 83
Business studies: 79
Geography: 74
English Standard: 81
Sor I: 41/50
Haven't gotten Italian back

For society and culture the exam is out of 60 and our major work is out of 40. My teacher has estimated what mark I would get for my major and he said that it is a band 6 level and can get a 39/40 or 40/40.

I have always been a good student and have always gotten good marks. My teachers have always marked to an appropriate level and have never gifted us with marks. They told us that in the trials that they marked more harshly, Im trying not to feel discouraged but I'm heading in that direction. But I am determined to fix the stupid mistakes and study my but off for the hsc.

Do I have any chance of getting in my goal atar of 95 or over 90???

My school is in the top 100 of that helps

Last edited:

tloos

HSC
I have just finished my trial exams and feel like all hope is lost for my hsc.
The reason for this is because throughout the whole year I did really well scoring in the 90s and 80s and had really high rankings. I always study and am not a student that will slack off. But when I received my trial marks I was completely gobsmacked of all the stupid mistakes that I made. For instance I chose the harder essay question or completely stuffed up the multiple choice.

I am still determined to do well and I know that o will be able to achieve over 90% in my exams but I feel like bursting into tears.
My aim was to get an atar of 90+ preferably around 95
My ranks I don't think will be as impacted but I just can't believe what has happened. I do 13 units (7 subjects) all of which are essay subjects whereby I feel that I didn't have much time to study each of them properly and I had them all squished in very close proximity.

INTERNAL MARKS AND RANKS BEFORE TRIALS
Society and culture: 93 (2/15)
Legal Studies: 84 (7/43)
Business studies: 95 ((1/46)
Geography: 91 (2/13)
English Standard: 77 (5/89)
Sor I: 88 (17/88)
Italian continuers: 70 (4/12)

TRIALS
Society and culture: 47/60
Legal Studies: 83
Business studies: 79
Geography: 74
English Standard: 81
Sor I: 41/50
Haven't gotten Italian back

For society and culture the exam is out of 60 and our major work is out of 40. My teacher has estimated what mark I would get for my major and he said that it is a band 6 level and can get a 39/40 or 40/40.

I have always been a good student and have always gotten good marks. My teachers have always marked to an appropriate level and have never gifted us with marks. They told us that in the trials that they marked more harshly, Im trying not to feel discouraged but I'm heading in that direction. But I am determined to fix the stupid mistakes and study my but off for the hsc.

Do I have any chance of getting in my goal atar if 95???

My school is in the top 100 of that helps
stop crying, work hard and maximise your hsc external marks. the more time you spend moaning and having a sook, results in less time focused on pushing forward. you are in a better position than a majority of year 12 students, harden up...you won't be ready for the real world acting like this.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Your HSC exams are the deciding factor of your ATAR. All of your work up until now only accounts for 50% of your mark. I know its been a long journey for you but let that sink in for a minute.

Then start working harder than you ever have

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)