Balancing between study and work (1 Viewer)

lah_lah

HSC
I was wondering for a person going to uni 4 days a week (10am-3pm), do you think that having a job is a wise decision? Because I was thinking that fter work wouldn't you be too tired to study? What are other people's experiences like?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
It depends on you and what you can handle. I think you could definately work at least 15 hours a week with that uni schedual and still have time to study.... but that is just me. Last year I worked 36 hours per week + uni and still had time to do all my uni work... but for my course you don't need to sit down and study in the traditional sense... it depends on you, maybe you could try working + uni and if it doesn't work out just quit the job.

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
36 hours !! that's a crazy amount on top of full-time uni.......how'd you do it ??

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
23 hrs uni over 5 days, and probably 15 hrs of work a week over the weekend.
And 2 hrs of tutoring work sometime during the week.

Take a break off work when you have exams obviously. But working is good, because if u only study study study, u'll go insane

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
think i may have said it before... but anyways... find a job thats suits your degree.. i wanna get into special ed, so im currently working with kids with disabilities (respite care)... you get experience in the field you're studying in AND you can decide if its really what you want to do or not...

shannonm

HSC
N/A
10-3 for 4 days is nothing, you can slap on at least 28hours of work in there

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
studying 3 days a week..working 3 days a week..one day off...to go out and do whatever i guess
even tho chances are i will be called into work

HSC
im going to uni 4 days a week, it's better i reckon, you have one day allocated to one each unit. i have a part time job, hospitality...it's interaction so i guess that has a little bit to do with my degree lol (b comm welafre)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
last yr i went 2 uni full time, worked 3 days a week , n got good grades....:)
i wud say it depends entirely on ya !

uwsstudent

HSC
balance study and play

work is good, but also mate give urself some playing time too, or else ur life is going to be just study and work, i mean espeically when u haven't went through ur course yet, u maybe good at it, u may require alot of time to study it, so don't get work too fast, study first then play, if time is left alot, then go for a work, take one step at a time, u have to make sure u can take ur workload to what degree, then decides whether work is a benefit or it's a drag for u

doodydo

HSC
N/A
i think i have bout contact hrs with a med science degree (and thats jsut a vague estimate) and have i'll be working round 10 hrs a week

hopefully i'll survive- i figured i'd teach myself time management as time progressed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)