Balancing stuff during holiday (1 Viewer)

ititttitti

HSC
Hey everyone I was wondering how I should balance things from holidays. That is, my daily physical activity, study, and free time during these holidays (i'm in yr12 btw).
1. When should I be starting to study? (I was thinking starting from next week)
2. How much study should I be doing a day (doing 10 units: 4u maths, adv english, pdhpe, physics)? How should I allocate this time?
3. Is it enough to just revise my last term's content and prepare for next term's content or should I go further?
4. I'm doing Mod C next term for English. How should I prepare other than analysing the prescribed texts that I received?
5. How much physical activity should I incorporate per day (looking to incorporate at least 30 minutes of just shooting a basketball)?

It would be appreciated if you could answer at least one of these questions. Thanks :)

idkkdi

HSC
Hey everyone I was wondering how I should balance things from holidays. That is, my daily physical activity, study, and free time during these holidays (i'm in yr12 btw).
2. How much study should I be doing a day (doing 10 units: 4u maths, adv english, pdhpe, physics)? How should I allocate this time?
3. Is it enough to just revise my last term's content and prepare for next term's content or should I go further?
4. I'm doing Mod C next term for English. How should I prepare other than analysing the prescribed texts that I received?
5. How much physical activity should I incorporate per day (looking to incorporate at least 30 minutes of just shooting a basketball)?

It would be appreciated if you could answer at least one of these questions. Thanks :)
1/2/3 depends on your goals.
4. practice writing pieces if it's a written assessment, if it's a handin, idk. analysing should be a fair bit of effort.
5. again depends on your goals.

LOL, well that wasn't very helpful was it hahaha.

icycledough

HSC
As idkkdi said, it's really dependent on your ATAR goals and what is realistic (for e.g if you normally study for 4 hours a day, me telling you to ramp it up to 10 hours a day wouldn't be helpful nor would it be realistic). But I can provide something for some of the questions.

3) I would say revising next term's content would be ideal. You don't want to go too far ahead as you may not understand what you are trying to learn, but a bit ahead should be fine. If you have accelerated tutoring, then you could go further ahead, but make sure you understand what you are being taught.

5) Definitely make sure to get some physical exercise. Given the new Covid strain and how we may go into another lockdown (fingers crossed not), it'll be really important to keep yourself physically healthy during a stressful Year 12. Even if there isn't a lockdown though, try to get something done every day; doesn't have to be heaps, but even going for a walk or playing ball like you said. With regards to time, it really depends on you (time, fitness levels, etc), but half an hour should be fine (just to clear your mind from studying and get back into the groove after a break).

sab13562

HSC

1. Starting next week is good, the sooner the better.
2. I like to spread out my work, since I also had 10 units, I would do a subject a day, allocating a minimum of 2 hours and a maximum of 4 hours. Don't go overboard, these are your holidays, and you don't want to burn out.
3. Revising for last term and going over next terms content is plenty. Make sure you start summarising your textbook and writing notes from now, this will help you lot when you have exams.
4. Mod C consists of informative, persuasive, discursive and creative styles, also a reflection. My advice is to practice writing these text types. Aim to have at least two well written ones for each by the end of the holidays. Also, do plenty of research on how to write each piece, matrix was a great help, they have free examples for most of Module C.

I also advise you to get the excel textbook for English, they have really good analysis, and can be found in your local library.

5. 30 mins a day is good. During year 12, excluding exam periods, I would allocate 3 hours of sport a week.

Lastly, Try your best and my biggest advise is to not forget to have fun and have time for yourself. The little breaks you take along the way will help, like watching an episode of your favourite show at the end of the day after studying hard or whatever hobby you may have. It's a great reward system, and will help motivate you to study and relax. Also, if you feel like taking a day or two off with no study whatsoever, go for it. You'll come back refreshed and ready to go! All the best!

ititttitti

HSC
1. Starting next week is good, the sooner the better.
2. I like to spread out my work, since I also had 10 units, I would do a subject a day, allocating a minimum of 2 hours and a maximum of 4 hours. Don't go overboard, these are your holidays, and you don't want to burn out.
3. Revising for last term and going over next terms content is plenty. Make sure you start summarising your textbook and writing notes from now, this will help you lot when you have exams.
4. Mod C consists of informative, persuasive, discursive and creative styles, also a reflection. My advice is to practice writing these text types. Aim to have at least two well written ones for each by the end of the holidays. Also, do plenty of research on how to write each piece, matrix was a great help, they have free examples for most of Module C.

I also advise you to get the excel textbook for English, they have really good analysis, and can be found in your local library.

5. 30 mins a day is good. During year 12, excluding exam periods, I would allocate 3 hours of sport a week.

Lastly, Try your best and my biggest advise is to not forget to have fun and have time for yourself. The little breaks you take along the way will help, like watching an episode of your favourite show at the end of the day after studying hard or whatever hobby you may have. It's a great reward system, and will help motivate you to study and relax. Also, if you feel like taking a day or two off with no study whatsoever, go for it. You'll come back refreshed and ready to go! All the best!
Thanks a lot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)