• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

BALI GOIN OFF THIS YEAR 4 skoolies! (1 Viewer)

chilipepper

scentless apprentice
HSC
be havin so much fun, and so much stuff to do, wont need farken drugs. i bought combination locks for my bags on the weekend

Happychum

HSC
Hey,
Me and around 60 people from Newcastle are heading to Bali for Schoolies. Staying at Bounty in Kuta from 26th to 11th. Its gonna be sick

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
lol, did you see that thing on tv though were the police in bali set up drug dealers and get them to sell to ppl and then follow the ppl that buy stuff to their hotels and bust them for pocession, they are like on rampages over their and they are so strict, its rediculous, my friend is going over and she is taking only one set of clothes and locks on her bag and shes going to buy clothes over their so she cant get accused of anything

iamsickofyear12

HSC
modelzsuck said:
lol, did you see that thing on tv though were the police in bali set up drug dealers and get them to sell to ppl and then follow the ppl that buy stuff to their hotels and bust them for pocession, they are like on rampages over their and they are so strict, its rediculous, my friend is going over and she is taking only one set of clothes and locks on her bag and shes going to buy clothes over their so she cant get accused of anything
The cops over there are so corrupt. It's not so much busting them for pocession, more getting bribes. The cops sit around the side of the road all day pretty much pulling people over and collecting bribes. Add to that they get a free house and a huge salary compared to most Indonesians.

To be a cop over there you need to know someone important and pay a lot of money to become a cop, thats how good the job is.

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
BOYCOTT IT.

We shouldn't be supporting a nation that wants to jail an innocent aussie girl.

Just stay in Australia or go to Fiji or something. Just don't spend money in Indonesia.

Soon (if Corby is sentenced to a custodial sentence) there will be a major media campaign against Indonesia, and people who go on Holidays there will be SHAMED.

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
mattsta said:
Soon (if Corby is sentenced to a custodial sentence) there will be a major media campaign against Indonesia, and people who go on Holidays there will be SHAMED.
I really don't think so.

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I really don't think so.
Wanna make a bet? Protests are slowly being organised and calls for boycotting Indonesia are slowly being organised. By going to Bali, you're helping maintain the corruption and feeding the economy that allows that corruption to go on.

Anyone that travels there (especially if Corby gets a custodial sentence) is literally slapping her in the face, slapping her family in the face and slapping justice in the face. What is so good about a place full of corruption?

And if you die from some bomb, serves yourself right. Thats what happens when you support corruption, it bites you on the arse eventually.

There will be no sympathy for me if anyone going to Bali for schoolies gets hurt, especially for their support for the corruption.

MeLT87

!!!!!
HSC
i agree!
Goin to Bali for skoolies is a dumb choice, kills me how ppl just dont learn anything.. uhummm a country that has the death sentence for drugs... not exactly the best choice?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
mattsta said:
Wanna make a bet? Protests are slowly being organised and calls for boycotting Indonesia are slowly being organised. By going to Bali, you're helping maintain the corruption and feeding the economy that allows that corruption to go on.

Anyone that travels there (especially if Corby gets a custodial sentence) is literally slapping her in the face, slapping her family in the face and slapping justice in the face. What is so good about a place full of corruption?

And if you die from some bomb, serves yourself right. Thats what happens when you support corruption, it bites you on the arse eventually.

There will be no sympathy for me if anyone going to Bali for schoolies gets hurt, especially for their support for the corruption.
Bali isn't so bad. It is very different from the rest of Indonesia because it is such a big tourist destination. The corruption you are talking about is not a problem in Bali.

And punishing someone for drug trafficking isn't corruption so I don't know where that came from. Just because she looks innocent and isn't admitting to it doesn't mean she didn't actually do it. It is very likely in my opinion she was bringing the drugs over to her sister who lives in Bali.

Boycotting Indonesia will not work so you can forget about that. And I don't think the chances of another bomb are that likely.

MeLT87

!!!!!
HSC
The way i see it, if they convict Corby, Australia should stop all Tourism to Bali and stop helping the country...By going there Australians are rubbing it her face and allowing their country to continue its corruption. (the death penalty for drug trafficking when mass murders get 9 months??? what is that?)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
MeLT87 said:
The way i see it, if they convict Corby, Australia should stop all Tourism to Bali and stop helping the country...By going there Australians are rubbing it her face and allowing their country to continue its corruption. (the death penalty for drug trafficking when mass murders get 9 months??? what is that?)
I agree that the Bali legal system is obviously corrupt and injust. HOWEVER.. these drug problems are occurring in AUSTRALIA NOT Bali. i totally think Corby is innocent, but you expect me to boycott my schoolies trip and end up going nowhere?? i dont think so!! i had this planned way before any of this drug stuff happened.

how can we really tell what the judges are thinking or whether she will be convicted anyway? the media have always been guilty of making hype of issues..

oh and btw who says that everyone who is going to Bali will get involved in drugs anyway??

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
MeLT87 said:
Australia will not stop all tourism to Bali. I don't think she is innocent either.

chilipepper

scentless apprentice
HSC
MeLT87 said:
i agree!
Goin to Bali for skoolies is a dumb choice, kills me how ppl just dont learn anything.. uhummm a country that has the death sentence for drugs... not exactly the best choice?

are u a drug addict?wouldm't u be able to go on a schoolies holiday for 2 weeks without drugs or something. all u need is locks on ur bags and common sense, schapelle was heaps unrucky to get targeted by AUSTRALIAN bag handlers

MeLT87

!!!!!
HSC
never touched a drug in my life, not even a cigarette actually.... im not saying every1 going there is involved in drugs but u still have to look out for urself, and yes ppl can lock their bags but if u do that they get suspicious. In America they threaten to blow up locked bags bcos they may contain bombs or show that u have something to hide... with all the crap going on in the world all im saying is that those of u who are going just be careful...

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
MeLT87 said:
i agree!
ohh sorry. i just assumed that you meant that NOONE should go to Bali BECAUSE there is a death sentence for drugs :p

Kewday

HSC
Almost every kid in my sckool is going to bali for schoolies, its funny how you all just worried about drugs, thing is drugs are easier to get when your there then anything else,every time you walk down the street some little bali feller offers you shit, so as soon as you get it you eat it, avoid smoking dope, who wants to go to schoolies to be doped out anyway. apprently shrooms are legal and you can get shroom milkshakes and pizzas and just about everything else you can think of with some magic on top, so if your that keen on getting high just go do it leggaly there. im going because it cheap, something new and a new experience something i want to see, beers are like 30 cents aud, some of my mates last year went and didnt want to come home, this year its going to be 100 times better, and ill see everyone whos going there...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)