Band 2 Cutoffs? (1 Viewer)

highly_strung

HSC
Just a quick question, does anyone want to hazard a guess at what the raw mark needed to get a band 2? Probably sounds a bit silly, but maths isn't my best subject and band 2 is a prerequisite for the uni courses I want to do and I surely don't want to be stuck in a bridging course!

My averages for assessments ended up around 63% so I'm hoping I can pull that out on Monday!

Good luck to all, I'm sure you'll all end up with a band 6!

rama_v

HSC
If your average was 63% for assessments you've got absolutley nothing to worry about :D

Riviet

HSC
N/A
That is true. Your average assessment mark is in the middle of band 3, but basically all you need to do is pass the exam and that's pretty much a band 2+ in the bag, so yeah, you're sweet for it, good luck to you on monday. :)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Easily, 63% raw by itself is probably a band 4 possible on edge of 5 as 80%+ was a band 6 last year. However, if you go well in HSC your assessment mark will come up, you can still achieve band 5, just do well =)

roadcone

HSC
yeah with an average of 63% you are no way near a band two, i would say at least a 4... the band 1's are reserved for very special people

word.

HSC
um 75% aligns to a band 6
i'd say 25% raw will get you a band 2

Srixon

HSC
hey say if u get a raw mark of 45 % in the HSC what band do u think u would end up getting if your assesment was around 60

highly_strung

HSC
Oh bless you all! Thankyou for allaying my paranoia a mere 20 hours before the exam. Hopefully I can just go in there and pass the exam without freaking out too much.
Good luck to you all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)