Band 5/6 IPT....unreachable? (1 Viewer)

Lemonlime

HSC
Who genuine thinks they will get a Band 5 or 6 for IPT? On a side note, I honestly think it shouldnt be scaled so badly considering not only the content you have to learn but also the 'thinking outside the box' mentality. It's like Business Studies, except way more complex imo. What do you guys think?

barbernator

HSC
scaling is objective, and is not based on the "difficulty" of the course, rather the performance of the cohort in english, so you have the potential to change the scaling of IPT by doing well in english :)

fakermaker

HSC
Been there, done that...definitely not unreachable...Just keep studying, you'll do fine

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I got a band 6 in IPT and still stuffed up quite a few multiple choice questions. ;) You'll do fine, as long as you know 90% of the dot points. Even better if you know them all.

dylannelson94

HSC
For the trial exam i got 87% so a 5 should be reachable, and for my final assessment 91 and since the banding is done 50:50 school assessment mark/hsc exam mark, with some decent effort i think its genuinely reachable

Gr1ff1n

HSC
At the moment, I'm looking at a medium to high band five market. I received 2/7 on my trial examination with 82%. Overall I was only three marks behind 1st.

nifkeh

HSC
one person last last year in our school got from a high band 4 into a band 6 at the end of the external, super jelly.

Tried to do that, couldn't. Nevertheless got a high ish band 5.

It's possible :)

I got 79 in my trials - school bumped up school assessment marks over 4 assessments into 86. Then I got 88 in the external

so I got 87

habitres

HSC
i got 76 in trials with only night before study. Just need to know content ext and just heaps of past papers i think is the most important thing. Also know the Project Work major terms as they love to look into that.

bongoli

HSC
Not unreachable, then again not so easy. IPT is much much lower scaling, so if you know ALL your content in IPT, you'll be deadset cruising your way to a band 6, no doubt.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
It's very possible. Try to look at model answers to get an idea of the difference between a band four response and a band six. Not sure if these are readily available anymore but they were back in 05!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)