• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Band 5/6 possibilities (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
So if I study hard and manage, hypothetically, a Band 5/6 across all my subs in the externals, with my internal rankings dead low(I mean almost at the bottom) for almost all subjects, what is the best HSC mark I could recieve, by estimation?
it really depends on how bad the 'tail' of your cohort is - if you go to a high ranking school being nearly at the bottom might still mean a high band 4/low band 5, but if you go to a low ranking school is could be a pretty low band 4 which might average out to a band 5 if you do extremely well in the HSC

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
So if I study hard and manage, hypothetically, a Band 5/6 across all my subs in the externals, with my internal rankings dead low(I mean almost at the bottom) for almost all subjects, what is the best HSC mark I could recieve, by estimation?
last year i was ranked towards the bottom for my cohort for my accelerated subject but i ended up getting a low band 6 (91) with a higher external than internal (and i didn't even think i was going to get a band 6 tbh), while i believe those at the very bottom got high band 5. i'm not saying it's 100% certainly going to happen, but high band 5s and low band 6s are definitely possible

carrotsss

HSC
last year i was ranked towards the bottom for my cohort for my accelerated subject but i ended up getting a low band 6 (91) with a higher external than internal (and i didn't even think i was going to get a band 6 tbh), while i believe those at the very bottom got high band 5. i'm not saying it's 100% certainly going to happen, but high band 5s and low band 6s are definitely possible
keep in mind that masaken goes to quite a high ranking school, this wont be the case at every school

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Same ngl

SASH_06_X

HSC
I'm going alright so far, got a 90 in my internal task before Trials, not bad ig. I dropped a little in Trials, got 80 tho :(
Its the algorithms and other technical stuff that stumps me - you know, the searches/sorts, arrays, min/max value, metalanguages, sequential/event driven files that sort of thing.

SASH_06_X

HSC
I've got a good understanding of all the theory stuff from the textbook by learning them over the year, but its the stuff I mentioned above where I am shaky at, which is ngl a major disadvantage as algorithms and pseudocode cover nearly 40-50% of the paper. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)