band 6 answers to past papers? (1 Viewer)

~Han~

HSC
i'm wondering if theres any sites or literacy with top answers to past papers? i have heard that they exist but i have never come across them before

A l

HSC
N/A
WouldbeDoctor said:
Where are the recent ones, ie. 2004-2005???? Now that would be helpful.
The Standards Packages are no longer published for most subjects after 2002 or 2003 because the standards required for each band cut-off has remained the same and further publication was not necessary. For example, the quality of the repsonse required at the band 5/band 6 cut-off in 2002 is the same for every other year afterwards. The same quality of that response in another year will gain that same cut-off.

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
A l said:
The Standards Packages are no longer published for most subjects after 2002 or 2003 because the standards required for each band cut-off has remained the same and further publication was not necessary. For example, the quality of the repsonse required at the band 5/band 6 cut-off in 2002 is the same for every other year afterwards. The same quality of that response in another year will gain that same cut-off.
Yes, that makes sense, but in respect to english, we are not doing CHANGE we are doing journeys...

A l

HSC
N/A
WouldbeDoctor said:
Yes, that makes sense, but in respect to english, we are not doing CHANGE we are doing journeys...
Even so, if the Area of Study course content has changed, the quality of the responses in which the standards are based on (which are not specific to the aspects of a particular Area of Study concept), would still be the same. For example, the quality of the responses at the band 5/band 6 cut-off for Change would still be the same for the band 5/band 6 cut-off for Journeys.

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
A l said:
Even so, if the Area of Study course content has changed, the quality of the responses in which the standards are based on (which are not specific to the aspects of a particular Area of Study concept), would still be the same. For example, the quality of the responses at the band 5/band 6 cut-off for Change would still be the same for the band 5/band 6 cut-off for Journeys.
That may be so, but journeys is actually considered are harder concept than change, so the 'bar' would be higher. I guess we can agree to disagree.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Hmm, who decided that the concept of a journey is 'harder' than the concept of change?

That seems unlikely.

But whether it's harder or not, the bar doesn't get raised - that was the point of AI's post. The standard remains the same.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
In addition, if they published model answers for journeys, then everyone would get a copy and would use them to write the best essays and there won't be any differentiation between all the students sitting the hsc.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
vizman said:
yeh you can only purchase from the board of studies
you can purchase them at dymocks in the city as well. i have the one for english standard paper 1 and 2 2004 and yes they are very good indicators of how essays should be structured and also providing excellent examples of techniques and quotes which can be used. anyways when i get around to it i'll scan the best responses and post it up on the resources =]
WouldbeDoctor said:
if your gonna complain then don't use them. they stopped making the standard packages after 2002 *(or for some subjects 2003)` because its a fact that not every student has access to a computer. in this case, since they stoped producing them they began to produce student answer books and just put up all the standard packages over the BOS website.

WouldbeDoctor said:
Where are the recent ones, ie. 2004-2005???? Now that would be helpful.
hopeles5ly said:
go buy the student answer books.
WouldbeDoctor said:

are you like a tight ass or something, that you won't even go buy a book with answers that you know will benefit you and that you are desperately looking for? instead you are tryna find an alternative to get access to it psht. and by the way a lot of the concepts of change RELATE to journey if you haven't realised. thus you can relate them to your own essays.

Last edited:

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
hopeles5ly said:
you can purchase them at dymocks in the city as well. i have the one for english standard paper 1 and 2 2004 and yes they are very good indicators of how essays should be structured and also providing excellent examples of techniques and quotes which can be used. anyways when i get around to it i'll scan the best responses and post it up on the resources =]

if your gonna complain then don't use them. they stopped making the standard packages after 2002 *(or for some subjects 2003)` because its a fact that not every student has access to a computer. in this case, since they stoped producing them they began to produce student answer books and just put up all the standard packages over the BOS website.

are you like a tight ass or something, that you won't even go buy a book with answers that you know will benefit you and that you are desperately looking for? instead you are tryna find an alternative to get access to it psht. and by the way a lot of the concepts of change RELATE to journey if you haven't realised. thus you can relate them to your own essays.

Tight ass, I have too many books I should take a picture for your reference.

P

pLuvia

geez Dennis, you and WouldBeDoctor take your arguments everywhere, remember that wonderful PM tool?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)