Band 6 Cut Offs (1 Viewer)

Jojofelyx

HSC
I reckon itd be good to have a collated thing for band 6 cut offs. So here goes. What do yall reckon b6 cut offs are gonna be for economics and english advanced? (cuz these exams have been done so far, obviously, so we'd have a good gauge of difficulty).

notme123

HSC
I reckon itd be good to have a collated thing for band 6 cut offs. So here goes. What do yall reckon b6 cut offs are gonna be for economics and english advanced? (cuz these exams have been done so far, obviously, so we'd have a good gauge of difficulty).
im rly interested what b6 english adv would be

Jojofelyx

HSC
im rly interested what b6 english adv would be
I reckon itd be higher this year than 2020, and especially 2019. Paper 1 was quite significantly easier relative to them, especially with the unseens, and the common mod question was pretty open and basic (very different to the narrowed ones from 2019, bruh the crucible love one was fkn curly). Same i feel is the case with paper 2. I reckon if in 2019 b6 was ≈83, then this year id say ≈85 maybe even 86

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
wait so if I get raw 90 for HSC but like internally, i have low 80s, I will end up getting band 5 not 6, right?

icycledough

HSC
wait so if I get raw 90 for HSC but like internally, i have low 80s, I will end up getting band 5 not 6, right?
Depends on what subject you are talking about. Assuming you are talking about English, then a raw 90 may scale up to around 94-95. It also depends on moderation of your internal marks, which will depend quite significantly on cohort performance, as I believe aggregate of HSC marks = aggregate of Assessment marks. So you could very well get a Band 6 overall. If you mean low 80s as a final Assessment mark, then you will be on the cusp of high Band 5, low Band 6.

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
Depends on what subject you are talking about. Assuming you are talking about English, then a raw 90 may scale up to around 94-95. It also depends on moderation of your internal marks, which will depend quite significantly on cohort performance, as I believe aggregate of HSC marks = aggregate of Assessment marks. So you could very well get a Band 6 overall. If you mean low 80s as a final Assessment mark, then you will be on the cusp of high Band 5, low Band 6.
yepp talking about eng adv

damnnn i have some hope now I'll just make a band 6 but let's seeeeee

thanks!

notme123

HSC
just checked the raw marks database. english adv raw mark of 85 scaled to 91

Jojofelyx

HSC
just checked the raw marks database. english adv raw mark of 85 scaled to 91
Yeah but this years' papers were prolly easier overall than last years. Im pretty sure a lot of people wouldve been thrown off by the 20 mark creative and the other modules werent too kind in 2020, well compared to this year's anyway lol

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
I think it depends on how the cohort did as a whole, easy paper means overall high raw marks so the cutoff for b6 ends up high, hard paper means lower raw marks across the board to the b6 cutoff is low as well

Jojofelyx

HSC
probs wont make much of a difference
You reckon? Idk man, most of my friends said that it was quite comfortable, and even those who dgaf about english said it went well. If we were to extrapolate my tiny sample size, i feel like it could be higher than usual for a b6 cutoff.

vishnay

God
HSC
You reckon? Idk man, most of my friends said that it was quite comfortable, and even those who dgaf about english said it went well. If we were to extrapolate my tiny sample size, i feel like it could be higher than usual for a b6 cutoff.
yeah pre sure

i really cant see it going up by more than 1 mark

notme123

HSC
also if people found the exam easy, there must have been easier concepts and things asked, meaning markers may or may not be harsher

jxdesml

HSC
english is probably gonna be around the same. module a with the extracts was a bit wack but the rest was relatively expected.

i know the cutoffs for modern this year are for sure lower than usual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)