Band 6 in Maths (1 Viewer)

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by overwhelming
nuh i rkn mathematics is the easiest subject in HSC if u understand the concept the 1st time (which is eazy!).

Physics is da hardest!
Do you do 4u?

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Hell, 3u in Yr 11 is by far more time consuming than any other subject...

that is to say we get homework which is lengthy enough to merit attention at home. :)

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Estel
Hell, 3u in Yr 11 is by far more time consuming than any other subject...

that is to say we get homework which is lengthy enough to merit attention at home. :)
Its not that much more time consuming in the basic learning and understanding of things (this from my accel. 2u experience) but I found that I spent a lot of time doing past papers to eliminate silly errors, but that's cos it was my only yr 12 subject last year.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
And maybe if you put that sort of effort into SOR you wouldn't have that extra unwanted baggage. :p

As for silly mistakes... I can never get rid of them. :(

Calculon

HSC
N/A
And maybe if you put that sort of effort into SOR you wouldn't have that extra unwanted baggage. :p

As for silly mistakes... I can never get rid of them. :(
Yes you can, but it is very hard. The answer is trial papers and lots of them.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Do you believe all those 2U trial papers helped you considering you're doing 4U, or do you think it would've been better to have done 3U trials?

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Do you believe all those 2U trial papers helped you considering you're doing 4U, or do you think it would've been better to have done 3U trials?
Well I had only done the 2u course at this stage last year, I didn't accelerated 3u, so 3u papers would be pretty useless as I couldn't do 905 of them. I think that 2u trials are good for pinpointing weaknesses because almost all the marks you lose will be because of silly errors, especially in questions 1-7.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
If you have 12 units, no, if you have 11 or less then yes.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by Snapwizard
Not sure but I guess raw 85-95 /120 well get you into band6!!
Are you sure about that? I reckon I would have gotten somewhere around 100/120 raw in the HSC last year and I only just got band 6 (aligned mark for exam was 91)

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Are you sure about that? I reckon I would have gotten somewhere around 100/120 raw in the HSC last year and I only just got band 6 (aligned mark for exam was 91)
Im pretty sure the raw marks for a band 6 wouldve been in the mid 90s. Taking into account silly mistakes and one very stupid one in the series question last year, i wouldve got about 90ish/120 and yet my exam mark was 94.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Really? Hmm maybe I just did crappier than I thought. It was just that in our trials which were of a similar difficulty and marked to HSC standards I got 106/120, so I thought I would have gotten something closer to that...

It would be interesting if we got to find out the raw marks.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Yes, through a Freedom of Information request.

A raw mark of 96/120 on the 2001 paper would have netted you an aligned mark of 90/100.

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
maths isnt time consuming if u know what ur doin, have a good mined set, listen in class and maths can be 1 of the easyest n most enjoyable subjects, i realy enjoy maths, and its not because im coming first (even thou i am) its because it so simple n logical. i did the whole course in 1 semester. i didn do more than hour of homework with an average of prob half an hour a day. oh n just aim 4 120/120 n ur certain 2 get a band 6 :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)