Band 6 Leni Riefenstahl responses (1 Viewer)

Skip3

HSC
Although its a really easy section to get full marks in, im not sure if my responses are decent or not. Does anyone have any band 6 responses i can compare mine to? Part 1 and 2 would be good, but mainly part 2 the one about her role in changing German culture/ Nazi propaganda etc.

thanks

nwatts

HSC
I don't have any on me, but I could try and type up my trial responses. I scored 10 for the first essay and 9 for the second.

You'll find, though, that it is very easy to get full marks in the first essay, as it's a very simple biography-like question. If you can offload a lot of details about her life, you'll find yourself scoring 9/10 very quickly. The second essay is slightly harder, and more argument driven. I suggest you pick up a few quotes from historians/critics and weave them into whatever discussion you're making. I know in the trials I took the hard angle that Riefenstahl was an active Nazi, and scored well. I did lose marks for not strengthening my essay with appropriate detail/quotes.

These are two questions that everyone (especially the first one) can easily score well in. You just need to know a lot of detail and you'll be rosey. :)

ryan11

Dazedconfused
HSC
I received 10/10 for both questions in my trial paper, which were marked by an outsider. I think the essay is concise and strong in argument; the biography packs a punch with detail, which is vital to get a Band 6 - it's about packing as much as you can using your time wisely...I think maybe ten minutes on each question? Answers are attached. This, perhaps along with the source analysis in WW1, is the section where you can score easy marks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)