Band 6 (2 Viewers)

lobut

HSC
What are the chances of getting a band 6 if you've got about 70% until now and done about 40% of your hsc?

I go to a school ranked around 60.

Please help :(

Flying_Mangina

HSC
This is my second serious, non-troll post lols
I was getting like usual 55-70% raw in my 3 unit maths exams. But i ended up with 94 in it for my hsc. Just keep working hard.
........................Bitch.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
The chances are pretty good seeing as your school is ranked quite highly. Just keep on working and you'll get there :)

lobut

HSC
Yea, asian 5 with eco.

So if I end up with 80 internally is 90+ possible as an end result?

because dont they get averaged, like if i get 82 for physics internally, and 95 externally it will be 89?

martinc

HSC
Wouldn't it make more sense if asian 5 had standard or esl instead?

lobut

HSC
So if I end up with 80 internally is 90+ possible as an end result?

because dont they get averaged, like if i get 82 for physics internally, and 95 externally it will be 89?
Bump

with-chu

HSC
No it's more involved than that. Your internal marks basically mean nothing - it is your rank that matters. Hypothetically, say your average mark of all internal assessments for english was 95, but that mark ended up ranking you last in your grade. Then your internal mark would be something significantly lower than 95, depending on how well your school performs in the external HSC exam for that subject. That's how they compare different schools with different standards.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If you get 80 internally, and it gets moderated to 80, you'll need 100 in your own HSC exam to get 90 as an HSC mark.

Your internal mark does not matter, it gets moderated based on the highest HSC mark in your cohort, and your rank and the relative positions of the people above and below you. Your "80" gets pushed up or down with the gaps between people in your cohort constant - with the pushing depending on how the top person went.

That moderated mark is averaged with your own performance in the HSC exam.

In a nutshell:

(Moderated mark based on your rank and best cohort performer + Own HSC exam mark) / 2 = Reported HSC mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)