Band 6 (1 Viewer)

Deep Blue

HSC
Band E4

How hard is it to achieve an E4 in Extension 2 Mathematics? What would be the minimum raw mark required? How much in terms of study is required?

Last edited:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
How much in terms of study is required?
Depends on how bright you are and your prior foundation. For those who don't have what it takes, maybe even 5 hrs a day won't help.

It appears you are doing both 3U and 4U this year, your yr 11 - presumably you are blindingly bright.

Last edited:

Deep Blue

HSC
So you only really need about 70/120? That's not too bad. Yeah, I'm year 11, doing 3 and 4 unit this year. I guess I'm pretty bright and study shouldn't be too much trouble if I neglect my prelim subjects a little, because really, they don't matter compared to MX2 and is thats the really advantage of doing it accelerated). Thanks for the help. It's good to have a general idea of where to aim for in the past papers and in the actual exam.

Last edited:

Deep Blue

HSC
Thanks for the clarification. I completely forgot it was a E4 instead of a B6.

jet

Banned
HSC
It also depends on the cohort and the difficulty of the exam. As far as I know, the band cut-offs each year are decided by the examiners board after raw marking so that they have a feel about how everybody did and what marks demonstrate what skills.

Deep Blue

HSC
It also depends on the cohort and the difficulty of the exam. As far as I know, the band cut-offs each year are decided by the examiners board after raw marking so that they have a feel about how everybody did and what marks demonstrate what skills.
Would you happen to know the raw mark cut offs from last year perhaps?

jet

Banned
HSC
Would you happen to know the raw mark cut offs from last year perhaps?
Well no, lol. The Board of Studies doesn't publish those. The best data you can get is the scaling data produced by the UAC.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I'm going off raw marks posted by members last year. Any halp?

Deep Blue

HSC
Well no, lol. The Board of Studies doesn't publish those. The best data you can get is the scaling data produced by the UAC.
Yes, I know. If the best estimate is 65-70 I am happy to leave it at that. Thanks for all the help.

jet

Banned
HSC
I can't say for sure but I'd say it's around that. If we had some people who have been given raw marks we could interpolate.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Often the raw mark is around 70, I believe. I do remember some people posting their raw HSC marks of the years it is fluctuates between high 60s to mid 70s.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Re: Band E4

How hard is it to achieve an E4 in Extension 2 Mathematics? What would be the minimum raw mark required? How much in terms of study is required?
pretty easy if you can drill every formula need in your head.

Basically once you memorize every formula and can apply properly you'll get the band

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)