Band 6 (1 Viewer)

Kutay

University
HSC
i have been getting an average of about 80% in 2unit maths and i think i have done bad in this cssa trial like around 70% is it possible to get a band 6 for 2unit maths?

reemz

HSC
yeh it is but it is difficult, i think youhave to be consistant throught the whole year, and study your butt off, i know 1 guy that got a band 6, ahhahaha wish i could 2 but its not goin 2 happen. just dont give up, if ou got 70 4 trials, mayb ull get 90 4 hsc just do past papers, my friend she does 4 unti and always tells me, 1 past paper is 1% extra mark... good luck, sont worry im in your situation as well, ets jst hope the board dont g 2hard on us, everyone is expetcing this hsc paper to be hard because last year was easy?

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Kutay said:
i have been getting an average of about 80% in 2unit maths and i think i have done bad in this cssa trial like around 70% is it possible to get a band 6 for 2unit maths?
well if u've been getting 80's all year a 70 may seem bad to u.. however.. it was a CSSA paper.... a 70% isn't all too bad...

YES!!! u can still get 90's ... but obviously u will need to get a band 6 externally... and hope that lifts ur internal mark... by the way how's the rest of ur class in maths?... compare urself with everyone else in ur school and see how u go accordingly once u recieve ur mark

reemz... lol 1 past paper = 1% extra... very nice.. why do i feel a sudden urge tolog off bos and do a past paper...

don't worry about the difficulty of the exam... if u study and practice as many past papers as u possibly can.. it won't matter... u'll become so used to working around all sorts of questions.. it'll all be the same..

the difficulty of an exam doesn't depend on BOS... rather it depends on how well prepared u r... and how effectively ur able to put ur study to practice under exam conditions

good luck... hopefully we all get a band 6

reemz

HSC
physician said:
reemz... lol 1 past paper = 1% extra... very nice.. why do i feel a sudden urge tolog off bos and do a past paper...

good luck... hopefully we all get a band 6

thats wat my friend told me and she does 4 unit but she is dopey .... and didnt u graduate already?

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
reemz said:
thats wat my friend told me and she does 4 unit but she is dopey .... and didnt u graduate already?
well she sounds smart to me.. i like that kind of way of thinking... 1 past paper = 1% extra....

it's like something my teacher told me

a few year ago.. a student at my school missed out on his course because he missed the cut off by something like 0.25 UAI pts..

so every single day my teacher would tell us.. every single minute u study could be that 0.25... so yeh!!!... (he said that so we could study during our free periods.. but it's true!!!)

and no i didn't graduate.. lol.. HSC 2005

Trev

stix
HSC
You may be averaging 80% with your internal exams, but that may be because you have easy assessments. The trial gives you an indication of how you will go in comparison to other schools because you have sat the same exam. So, yeah, sorry to burst your bubble :p

Kutay

University
HSC
yeh but i think i could of got 90% in the trials but sick the night before so was tired

A l

HSC
N/A
If you maintain your ranks, or move up a couple of ranks in your school through the external exam, you could make it to the ultimate band 6.
Approximately 15% of the state candidature of Mathematics get band 6 results; which makes it one of the highest percentages of band 6 results out of any 2 unit course.

FinalFantasy

HSC
Kutay said:
even if u've been getting an average of 20% and u get 10% in this trials... but ur rank is good and u and the ppl above u(if any) do good in da real HSC(a band 6 mark)... then u'll get band 6 at da end

Kutay

University
HSC
cool started my past papers starting at 1987 one done that and 1988 so far i figured best start at my birth year lol good luck ;)

DamienK

if i got 117 in my trial CSSA, n i got 102 in the 1/2 yearly, will the trial have more weighting on the half yearly and push that up? im confused

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
DamienK said:
if i got 117 in my trial CSSA, n i got 102 in the 1/2 yearly, will the trial have more weighting on the half yearly and push that up? im confused
Its up to your school to decide exam weightings. More often than not the trial is worth more than the half yearly.

HighFlyer

HSC
FinalFantasy said:
even if u've been getting an average of 20% and u get 10% in this trials... but ur rank is good and u and the ppl above u(if any) do good in da real HSC(a band 6 mark)... then u'll get band 6 at da end
Hey are you telling me that despite averaging 50% the whole year i could still get a high mark for maths.

FinalFantasy

HSC
HighFlyer said:
Hey are you telling me that despite averaging 50% the whole year i could still get a high mark for maths.
yea as long as ur rank is still fine...
and the ppl better ranked than u do good in da HSC as wel as u

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)