Band 6's with low internal rankings? (1 Viewer)

EternallyExhausted

HSC
I'm specifically asking for these 2 subjects - our trials were cancelled and I messed up a few exams this year.

I go to a well ranked school, and honestly, I'm not 100% sure what my internal rank is, out of 140 people for the first subject, I was around 30 in Sem 1 -approx 30 ppl get band 6s - but I ranked near last, at least bottom 10-20 in my last assessment (with a weighting of 20%). And I'm not all too sure how the last 30% of trials were distributed but I'm sure it was fairly evenly.

For the second subject, I was ranked 12 in Sem 1 out of 40 people - up to approx 20 ppl get band 6s - but I'm not sure how accurate that ranking was because we were told there were some inaccuracies. For my assessments, all of equal weighting (trials also cancelled) - 1st assessment was ranked bottom 10 (I think), second assessment top 5 and last assessment no clue, would be average or lower and the last 30% of trials were distributed evenly.

So if I did really well on my externals, say 95+ would I be able to get a band 6 in those subjects?

icycledough

HSC
There are a lot of other factors (some in your control, some not in your control) which can determine what final mark you end up with. Your internal marks will be moderated, so a good internal rank definitely helps with getting moderated to a higher internal mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)