Band 6s (1 Viewer)

Helium head

HSC
So in my school there's a certain number of people who get band sixes for a subject every year (every school is like that I guess) and it's always the 'top 20' or 'top 60' or whatever , so say I'm not in that range now after internals , and say someone who's been coming 1st all year gets really really sick or something and does terribly in their hsc exam , so then their overall won't equate to a band 6 , so top 20 or whatever don't get band 6?
Ok this isn't coming out very clear :/
My main question is , If u are in the band 6 range and don't end up with a band 6 overall due to some crazy reason in hsc then what happens ? Like the people coming second onwards will still get it right?
Atm I'm not in the normal band 6 range for the subjects id hoped to be in but if I study super hard for the hsc exams do I still have a chance?
Any response appreciated , if anyone even bothers to read or understands this post
Thanks

tonysoprano

HSC
Remember, half your final HSC mark is your performance in that final HSC exam. With this in mind, if the person coming first does poorly in the externals, then it's a chance that they'll drag down those behind him. If the people coming in that "band 6" range do end up getting a band 6, then yes, they should still be getting a band 6, so you don't need to worry. And it wont happen anyway, because why would the person coming first randomly choke so bad?

TL;DR You don't need to worry. If you kill your externals, you will be fine, so don't give up just because your rank isn't what you hoped.

Helium head

HSC
Thanks for the response!
Okay that makes sense but tbh I'm not even in the band six range right now and internals are over , so can I still get a band 6 if I can do really well in externals?
Like do u HAVE to be in the top whatever range to get a band 6 and like definitely won't get it if ur not ?
Thanks for ur time! Really appreciate it

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
It doesn't matter necessarily how good the internally first person goes, what's important how good the top external score is (regardless of who achieved it).

Helium head

HSC
Thanks for replying!
Wait so if I'm not in the band six range now but get a better mark than people who are in it in externals can I still get an overall band 6?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)