Band cut-offs (1 Viewer)

boxhunter91

HSC
Re: What will be this years band 6 be for bio

Hectic.
All i wanted was a mid 5 in bio. The hardest out of the three sciences ffs :mad:

Venom.

HSC

Hahah lol, as if man, I got 10% in the Yearly for Chem in Year 11 (sounds like a long time ago now) and then dropped it. Bio is just memory.

Lachycharts

Don't afraid of anything!
HSC

Are you saying that a raw mark of like 85 or something will scale/get moderated up to a band 6?
How can people know this sort of stuff.
My Raw assessment mark was 94% (I got 94% in the trial which helped ha ha - second place was 69% ) and I predict my raw mark in this exam to be 90+. Can my HSC mark be predicted?

Venom.

HSC

Are you saying that a raw mark of like 85 or something will scale/get moderated up to a band 6?
How can people know this sort of stuff.
My Raw assessment mark was 94% (I got 94% in the trial which helped ha ha - second place was 69% ) and I predict my raw mark in this exam to be 90+. Can my HSC mark be predicted?
Rank is the only thing that matters; raw assessment marks dont count toward anything.

Lachycharts

HSC

Well I was rank 1/16.
Does that help?

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC

Ok, surely it is higher than 85. I found all of the questions to be rather simple and straightforward. The long question were also very general and used simple verbs, like describe and explain instead of discuss, evaluate or assess.

LOLOLOL.
In 2004 83 raw aligned to 93 and our multi choice was much harder than that.

arjungamer123

HSC

In this thread: a lot of woolly guesswork.

Honestly, you guys should stop guessing as to what a band 6 cut-off is.

Venom.

HSC

Well I was rank 1/16.
Does that help?
School rank required too haha. But if you get 90+ raw, you're fuckin set. That means your moderated mark + your HSC mark will both be 90+

Lachycharts

HSC

School rank required too haha. But if you get 90+ raw, you're fuckin set. That means your moderated mark + your HSC mark will both be 90+
School rank = 297.

kenshinx77

HSC

Hahahah lots of smart cookies here =) guess the band 6 cut- off be higher

lynton

HSC

i got 90 as my internal mark, and im allowing myself to get no lower than 85. Do you guys think that i could get a band six? i got 2nd out of 32 people??

Mysterious X

HSC
Hoping for a mark in the 80's, I really want a band 6 for this exam but will most likely get a band 5 cause I stuffed up the long answer communication answers :(.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
remember though of people who use this site most likely care about their schooling and would have studied and done well. All the people who claim it was easy are probably well into the top bio students. I'm sure alot of the people in the state found it alot more difficult (pushing the smart kiddies up). I dont see why this test would be any different than any of the past exams

HSC
remember though of people who use this site most likely care about their schooling and would have studied and done well. All the people who claim it was easy are probably well into the top bio students. I'm sure alot of the people in the state found it alot more difficult (pushing the smart kiddies up). I dont see why this test would be any different than any of the past exams
lol....i studied my ass off for this exam and found it alrite not as easy as sum ppl n i care about my atar.... would a raw mark or round 87 scale to a low band 6??

boxhunter91

HSC
Smiley definitly will.
Around mid 80 will get you a band 6.
I think i got at least an 80 stupid multiple choice kindey and Q16 stuffed me up :(
That should get me at minimum 85 if not more. Definitly not band 6 though.
band 5 in bio will be heaven for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)