Bands You Recommend To Others (1 Viewer)

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
wanton-wonton said:
metallica
iron maiden
slayer
judas priest
pantera
ac/dc
black sabbath
deep purple
dio
guns n' roses
van halen
queen
pink floyd
marilyn manson
led zeppelin

id agree with just about everything on that list ;D

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
~ForAGoodCause~ said:
Jimmy Eat World!!! , their new albumn called "Futures", its sooooo good!
Is it like their old stuff? If so I will have a look:).

third day

HSC
i reccommend that every one listens to THIRD DAY.....best christian rock band ever...

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Trapt
Yellowcard
Simple Plan
New Found Glory
AFI
Brand New
All-American Rejects
Rooney
American Hi-Fi
Sum 41
Bowling For Soup
Busted
Alexisonfire
The Libertines
28 Days
One Dollar Short
Switchfoot
......and so on.

HSC
N/A
Nine Inch Nails
A Perfect Circle
Tool (You can't really recommend APC without Tool nowadays now can you)
AFI
HIM
Children Of Bodom (Alexi Laiho = God)
In Flames
Skinny Puppy
Ministry
Killswitch Engage
Chimaira
The Darkness
Oasis (Older stuff, anyway)
Lacuna Coil
Nightwish
Opeth
Type O Negative
Atreyu
From Autumn To Ashes

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
some of my fave bands include

beastie boys
the dissociatives
Oasis
Incubus
The beautiful girls
solo artists - Jack Johnson and Donovan Frankenreiter

but the one which i would definiately recommend is The Darkness. coolest people ever.

cephren

You And The People Putting Up Band Names Like You Have My Respect...

ShatteredDreams said:
Nine Inch Nails
A Perfect Circle
AFI
HIM
In Flames
Skinny Puppy
Ministry
Killswitch Engage
Chimaira
The Darkness
Lacuna Coil
Nightwish
Opeth
Type O Negative
Atreyu
From Autumn To Ashes
...FATA are awesome I have Both their albums and their EP... and THE CURSE and SUICIDE NOTES AND BUTTERFLY KISSES from ATREYU... CHILDREN OF BODOM r really good... I have every OPETH album (exception of Lamentations but y the F*** get it unless ur a completionist?)... TYPE-O r kewl... KsE I have All 3 albums... Saw IN FLAMES and CHIMAIRA LIVE in USYD round the time of ur post... got all albums inclusive there... I only do not agree with AFI... old stuff i can give a hmmmmm yeah ok... but yeah...

SATYRICON
JUDAS ISCARIOT
BEHEMOTH
AGALLOCH
DIMMU BORGIR
CRADLE OF FILTH
SUSPERIA
THERION (Friggin awesome Symphonic Opera Metal)
KATATONIA
IMPALED NAZARENE
AETERNUS
AMARAN
THE AMENTA
VEHEMENCE
ELYSIUM
SAMAEL
TIAMAT
AMON AMARTH
AMORPHIS
ABIGOR
ENTWINE (2 a lesser extent = more mainstream)

DREAM THEATER
LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT
ENCHANT
MAYADOME
DIGITAL RUIN
SONATA ARCTICA

...I'll stop now...

...BTW - ICP r good 4 a funny-arse laugh wit kewl sounds 2 go with... VIOLENT J iz awesome Ive seen him do a DANCE BOOGIE MARATHON to the BEE GEES "STAYIN ALIVE" funny shit... TWIZTED + ICP + BLAZE YA DEAD HOMIE + sum otha fool = DARK LOTUS = sik dark rap... COLTON GRUNDY n ZUG ISLAND r kewl 2... PSYCHOPATHIC RECORDS give their artists freedom no binding contract bullshit...

...ive had my say and mentioned but a few of the awesome bands in my stash...

...and wow... there r sum pplz here who r the kind who think LINKIN PARK is "sooooo metal"... u need 2 start a Live Journal coz im pretty sure no one cares so shut it up...

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Some mad not so commercial artists:

Blackstar (Talib Kweli + Mos Def)
Lord Finnese
Pete Rock
CL Smooth
Fredro Starr
Dilated Peoples
Goodie Mob
A Tribe Called Quest
De la Soul

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
Annegelic said:
Trapt
Yellowcard
Simple Plan
New Found Glory
AFI
Brand New
All-American Rejects
Rooney
American Hi-Fi
Sum 41
Bowling For Soup
Busted
Alexisonfire
The Libertines
28 Days
One Dollar Short
Switchfoot
......and so on.
agree with most of this list, except for busted and simple plan, damn teeny boy punk bands..
something corporate and yellowcard are good because they have *different* instruments compared to most punk bands

G

Gavvvvvin

ShatteredDreams said:
Nine Inch Nails
A Perfect Circle
AFI
HIM
In Flames
Skinny Puppy
Ministry
Killswitch Engage
Chimaira
The Darkness
Lacuna Coil
Nightwish
Opeth
Type O Negative
Atreyu
From Autumn To Ashes
Hey what are some good Atreyu songs? Ive downloaded This Flesh A tomb and a Vampires Lament and some others and am really getting into it

red123

yellowcard are best band

here is their official site

http://capitol.fanpimp.com/yellowcard/index.html?fuseaction=tools.invlink&u=patriot_18&linkID=3">Official Yellowcard Site

artfag

Banned
HSC
Crikket said:
agree with most of this list, except for busted and simple plan, damn teeny boy punk bands..
something corporate and yellowcard are good because they have *different* instruments compared to most punk bands

lolz.

stuff i'm digging right now (bios shamelessly ripped from AMG);

boris
"Japanese cult favorite sludge/doom rock trio Boris takes its name from a song on grunge godfathers the Melvins' Bullhead album. They also have a lot in common with the Melvins musically, including a fondness for heavily down-tuned guitar/bass tones and exceedingly slow tempos. But they also incorporate elements variously drawn from other sources, including psychedelic rock, punk, noise, minimalism, pure sludge-drone music ê la Earth"

electric wizard
"Often referred to as the "heaviest band in the universe," England's Electric Wizard have consistently redefined the preconceived thresholds of a detuned guitar chord with their peerless doom metal achievements — this despite an often interpersonally troubled, if musically triumphant, career."

to live and shave in l.a.
"If the mouth is, as Bataille states, only latent evidence of the animality of man, then To Live and Shave in L.A. is the permanent fixture of it. They're in an eternal posture of pain and ecstasy; a constant reminder of our purer days, lording over an orgy involving everything that "evolved" man dismisses as lesser and baser. Always with their head tilted back in a painful howl their eyes are only a secondary sense organ, whether they are affixed on a bloody moon or staring belligerently into the sun. No doubt, they are the variety of, well fuck... we'll call it piss mysticism. The kind of synasthesia you might be delivered while hallucinating over a full toilet."

cabaret voltaire
"Though they're one of the most important groups in the history of industrial and electronic music, Cabaret Voltaire are sometimes forgotten in the style's timeline — perhaps because they continued recording long after other luminaries (Throbbing Gristle, Suicide, Chrome) called it quits."

swans
"Crawling out of the same noisy, arty New York underground that sired Sonic Youth and Lydia Lunch, Swans created a dark, abrasive, murky, slowed-down noise-rock that served as a starting point for their ruminations about alienation, depression, depravity, and the disturbing side of human nature."

sun city girls
"To attempt a definition of the Sun City Girls is to dare them to defy it. Over the course of two decades and a plethora of albums, singles, cassettes, compilations and side projects, the Girls' sprawling, hallucinogenic body of work ranges from their signature alien-jazz improv to Asian-tinged psychedelia, middle eastern meditations, trashy rock covers, smutty satire, ranting psychodrama and far beyond. Live, the band is infamous for often adding an unhinged dramatic element, incorporating elements of everything from Kabuki theater and conspiracy theory to shadow puppetry and pan-global instrumental exotica"

have fun kiddies

HSC
N/A
_DeathlessOne_ said:
Hey what are some good Atreyu songs? Ive downloaded This Flesh A tomb and a Vampires Lament and some others and am really getting into it
I think their most famous song is "Lipgloss and black" and honestly, despite the fact that I listed Atreyu as one of my favourite bands, I don't know them too well. I borrowed two albums off a friend for like a month and listened to them constantly but didn't pay much attention to song names :(

Cephren seems to know what he's talking about when it comes to Atreyu though.

tomzies88

after the fall
blink 182
simple plan
yellowcard
the used
sum 41
good charlotte
new found glory
green day
Jet
Linkin park
Mest
the living end
etc....

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
^^creepily similar to my own list...
*skips already mentioned bands*
AFI
the used
matchbook romance
placebo
Pennywise
gyroscope
lostprophets
all american rejects
story of the year
the donnas
there are more, but im too lazy to type them...

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Crikket said:
yeh yellowcard has a fiddle mixed in with their punk... with some of their songs its ok but others make it sound too countryish =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)