Banking internships 2009/10 (1 Viewer)

BoganBoy

HSC
got an interview with mac fund group. anyone know what round this is? i applied just today so i assume they would of sent out some interviews already. also anyone heard from merrill jp or ubs? cheers

2010grad

HSC
cs, ubs, jp hav telephone interviews for ibd dis week (final round fr ubs and cs is next monday).

maccap are in the processing of sending out emails for 1st round interview.

deustche have sent out emails for pplz to do their online testing (though heard everyone with a decent cwam gets asked to).

anyone with experiece or knows the questions these firms ask plz post!

good luck to all!!!!!!!!

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
Does anyone know what the deal with divisions other than ibd is?

Is Deutsche still giving out online testing invites, or were they all done today?

thx for update 2010grad

edit: lazard have contacted for first round interviews

edit 2: Morgan Stanley have contacted for first round interviews, and GSJBW have started emailing for testing.

Last edited:

BoganBoy

HSC
just did the db online test and it was harder than i thought. only had time to do 17 questions in math and the english one is so vague. many questions could of being either 'false' or ' cant tell'. anyone else done it?

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
got an interview with mac fund group. anyone know what round this is? i applied just today so i assume they would of sent out some interviews already. also anyone heard from merrill jp or ubs? cheers
Well....if this is your first interview it is the first round. Kinda self explanatory ;)

2010grad

HSC
gs called me to discuss/confirm my preferred location for an internship (and have also sent me an email about testing)- has anyone else been contacted by phone in addition to the generic email?

JackyS

HSC
I got a reply from JP telling me to do an online test before the 20th July?!

It just said

'Your application is currently under review. We have registered your details into our database. You will shortly be invited to the next stage of our selection process for which you will require the below log-in details.'

does this mean i made it part of the cover letter/CV culling stage or does everyone get this online test from jp?!

Also got a interview for MACQ on friday... Hope it goes better than last year...

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
just did the db online test and it was harder than i thought. only had time to do 17 questions in math and the english one is so vague. many questions could of being either 'false' or ' cant tell'. anyone else done it?
Hey, I have also done the db online test as well. The maths one wasnt so hard if you had more time. However, the time limit made it challenging and I also managed to finish only about 17 questions, in which i guessed a couple. The english one was really tricky and vague too, but I had a few minutes to spare and managed to change a few of the answers around.

2010grad

HSC
jackys- for first round at mac is it just behavioural, what u know bout the firm, history, culture etc. or do they chuck in technical as well (from what ive heard technical waits till second round)- im going for maccap by the way. u?

2010grad

HSC
Next tues. U?

Anyone with experience/knowledge about credit suisse final round day assessment and interview?? If you don'y mind posting details would be awesome!

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
I just found out today, when I logged into the DB careers site, that I could do the testing, but I have received no email/correspondance saying that I could do so.

Is this a bug, or did they just forget to email me?

2010grad

HSC
dunno, as i got the email. may as well do the test anywayz (good practice)- its one of the shorter ones, and a lot easier than gs. maybe shoot hr an email to check.

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
dunno, as i got the email. may as well do the test anywayz (good practice)- its one of the shorter ones, and a lot easier than gs. maybe shoot hr an email to check.
fair enough. the test was pretty good, and short as you said.

have they started interviewing yet, for global banking that is

2010grad

HSC
possibly, though mine only had to be completed by friday, so some pplz will be contacted this week re: interviews.

any1 done phone interview with jp or citi and heard back or know anything about the next steps in the selection process and associated time frame?

BoganBoy

HSC
anyone know how do these banks make their offer? by phone or email? and do they ever make offer before they finish all the interviews?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)