***Bankstown Campus Public Transport*** (1 Viewer)

Cabrera1990

HSC
Hello.

I am starting B Policing at UWS Bankstown next year and i live in Sutherland (Sutherland Shire) and i dont have a car or anything so im in a bit of dilemma at the moment :spin:. I was wondering if anybody could fill me in with bus transport info? I mean i will obviously catch the train to the nearest station, East Hills?!?!?! and then from there back and forth can some body please HELPPPP!

:jaw:

Sam(uel)

HSC
Hey,
I live in Sutherland as well, although 3 family members go to UWS or work in the area. I think the best way is to catch a train to Panania and from there get a bus.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
If you go by train to East Hills there's a bus (the Veolia 922) that goes from the station (right by the stairs) to the Bankstown Campus...

Otherwise, you can get this bus from Bankstown (according to 131500 Transport Infoline - Home, quickest route is to get the train from Sutherland to Sydenham, Sydenham to Bankstown and then the 922 from there to UWS).

Good luck :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Night lectures will also be difficult if you are using public transport, most fulltime students dont have any unless they chose to take them.

My advice, given the distance you have to travel is to learn to drive as soon as you can/buy a car/try and borrow your parents car if you can organise it (like drop them off at work, go to uni and then pick them up).

Cabrera1990

HSC
Oh ok thanks! Yea well i guess i will be a full time student therefore i HOPE to god i have none!

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
There's a bus that leaves after 9 pm (9.07 to be precise) heading to Bankstown from UWS... how late ARE night lectures? O.O
Otherwise you might find someone in your lecture who's willing to drop you off at Bankstown station/East Hills station/some other station

Che08

HSC
wixxy2348 said:
There's a bus that leaves after 9 pm (9.07 to be precise) heading to Bankstown from UWS... how late ARE night lectures? O.O
Otherwise you might find someone in your lecture who's willing to drop you off at Bankstown station/East Hills station/some other station
thats actually good advice, make friends, talk to people at your induction day, orientation week and see if anyone would be willing to drop you off at a station.

And... i have a friend who walks from east hills station.. so if you're up for it :cool:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
^From memory East Hills to Bankstown Campus isn't too bad, though I've only ever driven the distance.. you pretty much have to cross the M5 and then when Milperra shops and primary school are to the left you turn right?

Can't say I'd want to walk it late at night when I'm dead after a long day..

*checks the interwebz*

Whereis says it's 3.6 km. (see attachment)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)