Barack Obama - 44th President of the USA (1 Viewer)

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Trefoil said:
Hahaha. Suck that, alexdores. How does it feel to know that your religious conservative pals can no longer hijack America, chump?
We'll all be feeling alot worse if Obama truly turns out to be a foreign policy weakling (of which there is a worrying chance he will be), Bush never had a problem asserting American dominance in the most overt ways when needed, and in an era of a rising China and increasing radicalization of the islamic world, this is exactly what IS needed. Only time in the oval office will tell whether Obama will accept the reality and role of that chair, or rest upon his own unrealistic beliefs, to the detriment of the Western world.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
russianROULETTE said:
just out of curiousity (i've searched the net and nothing seemed current), can anyone who watched the coverage tell me which swing states obama won?

also, yay :D
Um, well some states that used to be swing states weren't this election.

The "swing" states Obama won are:

North Carolina - by like 0.5% (hasn't voted Democratic in decades)
Indiana - by like 0.5% (hasn't voted Democratic in decades)
Florida - by 2% (voted for Bush twice)
Ohio - by 4% (voted for Bush twice)
Virginia - by 4% (hasn't voted Democratic in decades)
Colorada - by 8% (hasn't voted Democratic in 12 years)
Pennsylvania - by 11% (usually votes Democratic)
Nevada - by 14% (voted for Bush twice)
New Mexico - by 15% (voted for Bush last time)

bshoc said:
We'll all be feeling alot worse if Obama truly turns out to be a foreign policy weakling (of which there is a worrying chance he will be), Bush never had a problem asserting American dominance in the most overt ways when needed, and in an era of a rising China and increasing radicalization of the islamic world, this is exactly what IS needed. Only time in the oval office will tell whether Obama will accept the reality and role of that chair, or rest upon his own unrealistic beliefs, to the detriment of the Western world.
Obama is no more a foreign policy weakling than McCain is. He's certainly not as personally experienced in foreign policy as McCain (but then, that's what the cabinet is for), but that's got little to do with his actual determination and ruthlessness when it comes to foreign policy.

Last edited:

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
Yes,, after wasting so much mental energy on this election, this is the end, the end of it all. The end reactionary right-wing politics. Study for your finals, Drink some Milk, have your vitamins, go read to ur siblings. it is a new day tomorrow

HSC
Trefoil said:
Um, well some states that used to be swing states weren't this election.

The "swing" states Obama won are:

North Carolina - by like 0.5%
Indiana - by like 0.5%
Florida - by 2%
Ohio - by 4%
Virginia - by 4%
Colorada - by 8%
Pennsylvania - by 11%
Nevada - by 14%
New Mexico - by 15%
thanks trefoil - wow, i'm surprised he won nevada and pennsylvania so overwhelmingly. i was expecting margins like those for florida and ohio. that's massive.

edit: also, isn't missouri the swing state that generally predicts the election? i guess either it didn't swing or it was just plain wrong, haha.

Last edited:

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
russianROULETTE said:
thanks trefoil - wow, i'm surprised he won nevada and pennsylvania so overwhelmingly. i was expecting margins like those for florida and ohio. that's massive.

edit: also, isn't missouri the swing state that generally predicts the election? i guess either it didn't swing or it was just plain wrong, haha.
Yeah, McCain got crushed in Colorado, Nevada and New Mexico.

The Pennsylvania numbers were what people predicted, though.

It looks like Obama will win Omaha, as well (one of Nebraska's electoral votes, since it splits them). That's the first time in history that's happened (a split).

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
Senator McCain's concession speech was brilliant, almost melodic. Would've had a mad chance if he ran as an independent. Him and Ron Paul.

HSC
Trefoil said:
Yeah, McCain got crushed in Colorado, Nevada and New Mexico.

The Pennsylvania numbers were what people predicted, though.

It looks like Obama will win Omaha, as well (one of Nebraska's electoral votes, since it splits them). That's the first time in history that's happened (a split).
truly an historic victory, then :D

now, if only i could remember when stephen colbert and john stewart are doing that election show... that will be awesome.

babbz

HSC
ahhhh....
finally America has made the right decision
its about time there was a BLACK man in the WHITE house i say!:D
mmauahaha
go obamaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

spiny norman

HSC
Trefoil said:
North Carolina - by like 0.5% (hasn't voted Democratic in decades)
Where on earth did you get that? From what I've seen Missouri and North Carolina are the two states that as yet nobody's declared, with Obama trailing by 6000 votes in Missouri and Obama leading in North Carolina by 12,000?

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
Been reading the Free Republic forums. They've been talking about getting Bobby Jindal and Sarah Palin to lead the party in the post 2008 era. Problem is, they're fucking psychos!!!!!!! Looks like the predictions might come true, a far-right Republican Party.

ur-supermann

HSC
i love obama girl...

i love her soo much that im giving up chem study time to utube her...

=[

HSC
Obama's such a brilliant, rousing speaker - probably the best out of all US politicians this century, although admittedly he doesn't have much competition.

Oh, and despite my somewhat ironic name, I am not a fan of John McCain's. The political meaning of that name only occured to me then.

Gardenia

HSC
N/A
I'm so gald Obama was elected--- some hope for the future

scully21century

Messiah
HSC
N/A
Well if It had to be a democrat I'm glad its Obama. Good to see an African-American as President. But i hope this doesnt set a precedent for Australia, or the Aboriginal kid who nicked my wallet and phone last night could grow up to be PM. Not that I'm racist or anything, but I dont believe In people being elected simply for irony such as a woman or a black person just because they are female or black, they should all be elected on their policies and individual merit.

Last edited:

Carlie.x.

HSC
Was just reading through this thread.. so many people are quick to anticipate a low standard of presidency from Obama.. just because America voted for change through a man that does not have hoards of political experience does not mean he is going to be incompetent. In my opinion anyhow.
Also, i thought highly of Obama's policies, more so than McCain's.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
No. Give peace a chance. Throwing troops around and starting wars all over the place like Bush and his right-wing cronies is only going to INCREASE hostilities against the U.S. Fight fire with fire, the Republican way? No thanks.

DTFM

HSC
A monkey rules the most powerful nation in the world. I guess Planet of the Apes wasn't far off.

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
BigPole said:
Obama is pretty sexy for a 47 year old.
Queer much?

Also Obama is a joke but unfortunately there was no one better to stand up to him. I suppose in one way the lesser of the two retards was picked. Personally I think Senator Clinton would have made a much better president then eaither of the two.

DTFM

HSC
BigPole said:
A MONKEY?!?! fuck, why don't you think before speaking because you may offend people on this forum. I hate members like you, try to act tough on the internet but get you in the real world you'll get bashed for saying things of that nature.
"Durr, all people are created equal!"

Grow up and realise that some races are horribly flawed and haven't evolved as efficiently as others.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)