Barista courses? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Apparently, the 'best' coffee course certificate is the official one from Gloria Jeans.

Once you work there for a year or so, they test you and if you pass, they give you a proper certificate, which is more highly regarded than the ones that you just pay for and then receive.

The problem now is getting a job at Gloria Jeans lol.

I did the Coffee School one. It wasn't too bad. So much milk is wasted though. It was actually the moment I started drinking coffee more often. Must have had 5+ cups in the span of an hour. This is because you can drink whatever you make.
Oh my gosh

I have wanted a job at Gloria Jeans literally since 2010.
It was kind of a goal of mine to land a job at a cafe, making coffee. I don't drink coffee much but when I do, I sweeten the shit out of it with like 3-4 sugars kinda defeating the purpose, I know

I'll get my resume up to scratch after HSC

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
I know Toby's Estate courses are very good

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Oh my gosh

I have wanted a job at Gloria Jeans literally since 2010.
It was kind of a goal of mine to land a job at a cafe, making coffee. I don't drink coffee much but when I do, I sweeten the shit out of it with like 3-4 sugars kinda defeating the purpose, I know
They have the worst coffee and 3 sugars, I don't want that's coffee anymore

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
If you want your coffee a bit sweet, try a mocha instead. Also Gloria Jeans = absolutely terrible coffee.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
Starbucks and Gloria Jeans is good for drinks that aren;'t coffee/

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
does one need a certificate to make coffee
Not reallllly. The barista course only teaches you so much, like the standard coffee recipes and texturing milk and things.

It's not a legal requirement but it does make you more employable because you've already been trained in the basics.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Not reallllly. The barista course only teaches you so much, like the standard coffee recipes and texturing milk and things.

It's not a legal requirement but it does make you more employable because you've already been trained in the basics.
its not the certificate that makes you employable, its the school you went to (or your past experience)

Coookies

HSC
The coffee school is good, I went for school and its fun with friends.
You learn the basics, i.e. how to work the machines, make different types of coffee, cleaning the machine..
And you get to drink whatever you make :)
But, you'll be on your feet the whole time so get ready for that.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I think the Gloria Jeans at Randwick is hiring if anyone is interested.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I'll probs be applying then
I'd probably give them a call as all I have seen is an A4 piece of paper on their window asking for applicants. Mind you, this wouldn't bet too bad for you if you hold this position during semester as UNSW is very close to Randwick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)