HSC
hahahahaahaha holy shit

'I've grabbed my Bible, I can't find it anywhere '

oh man

classic

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
If you don't like QAF then don't watch it. The first time you watch Queer as Folk it can be pretty confronting. But for someone who is reasonably liberal, who is confortable with their sexuality and is not homophobic QAF (which I have not seen since season 1) is pretty harmless. It also presents serious issues that confront society as a whole.

I mean I wouldn't let a 10 year old watch it but IT IS a show for adults and is shown at an adult time. Personally I find survivor more offensive than QAF.

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

Man. I liked Barnaby and all, but ... no, just no.

Queer as Folk is a freakin staple in my television viewing diet! It's awesome! It's refreshing to watch the love lives of the "other" side, instead of the regular shows. I watch it on Fox 8, but even then it isn't on until 10 pm on a Monday. Now if your kid is up at 10 pm on a Monday and is watching Queer as Folk, it's not SBS's problem that you're an irresponsible parent.

Secondly, if a bunch of people want to question the family of Jesus and have valid proof or whatever, who the hell is Barnaby Joyce to tell the rest of us we can't watch it coz the Bible doesn't stipulate that Mary was a promiscuous rag?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Furthermore if straight people can freely watch similar material dealing with hetrosexual relationships then why not homsexuals?

Oh thats right I remember, Leviticus 18:22 (or some such) 'Thou shalt be a homophobe and kill fags' or words to that effect.....

K

katie_tully

Personally I find that heterosexual bullshit boring because as a heterosexual I see it every day. What I don't see is a hot stud at Babylon every day, and Brian and Justin's torrid love affair, and feuding lesbians! You just can't see that on Friends re runs!

K

katie_tully

Didn't they ban Noddy a few years back because he was overtly homosexual? I mean, he was a puppet but somebody deduced that he was a homosexual puppet...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I heard tell that the Lesbians in QAF are written by the gay men who write the rest of the show. Im no doctor, but that's worthy of a Dr Hibbert laugh

K

katie_tully

Probably. They act just like temperamental heterosexual ladies, except one of them slept with a gay guy and had a kid so now the homosexual couple and the lesbian couple are fighting over custody of this kid and like, DRAMA.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Nah just I base my experiences around lesbians at the moment on my ex's sister who was a disgusting bitch and the UWS queer officer who threatened people because they were discussing the gay content in a student newspaper when the only thing they said remotely homophobic was ' I feel uncomfortable when I open up to the queer section and there is page after page of homosexuals kissing, I don't see the point of it. '

K

katie_tully

Oh. Well, yeah. Sometimes they do go off on that tirade about being able to express their sexuality and such and such, and sometimes they DO go too far...But really, there is a time and a place for both heterosexual and homosexual public displays of affection. I can get the point about wanting equality and shit, but pushing photos of kissing homosexuals onto people isn't going to achieve it...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Oh i didn't say those comments, I just got pissed off when someone did say them (in a very nice way) and this douche came on and told us at the beginning and the end that they were the "OFFICIAL UWS QUEER OFFICER", threatened the person etc.

My personal view is that I don't care, I couldn't care less if they have a paper filled with graphic anal sex.

K

katie_tully

Graphic anal sex....hmmm, like the current state of NS.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Katie Tully seems to be well in tune with the story line of qaf. The last time I saw it it was Brain getting it on with Justin.

I'm sure barnaby will be happy that in the US version, which we see, Justin has his age increased to legal age. In the original British QAF Justin is well below the age of consent.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Does that mean that NS is serving a socially vital purpose then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)