BArts ppl (1 Viewer)

thirsty

HSC
hey, just wondering what all the people doing a bachelor of arts are planning to do after their degree?
I'm majoring in history and sociology and will prob end up doing a Dip Ed but I'm not really sure if this is what i want to do. I love the stuff that i study but is teaching my only realistic option??? any ideas or whatever would be nice.
ta guys

UnIqUe PrInCe

Banned
HSC
N/A
i would recommend against a Dip Ed.
job prospects are limited because of the greater desirability of B Ed students.
Especially in those fields you've noted.

thirsty

HSC
yeah i know i think i'll finish this degree, take a year off n really work out what i wanna do, lol havin a little crisis, bit late i guess but oh well.... thanks for your advice

lilymad

HSC
I've applied to do a bachelor of arts, just cos i have no idea what else i wanna do yet...do you reckon the degree is recognised at all, or are you pretty much destined to become a teacher when you're done?? i would be a TERRIBLE teacher!!!

thirsty

HSC
i dont think your destined to be a teacher, i did arts becuase i knew (well i thought) i wanted to move into teaching but i'm having doubts now, not really sure why though lol i love the stuff i study but i dont really have a lot of other options thats all.
i was thinking of transferring into a combined degree next year but i dont know alot about getting credit for the stuff i've already done and yeah ....

em_516

bludging..
HSC
talk to the careers people..this is right down their alley i believe

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Be aware that doing teaching as an ad-on course (Dip Ed) is not well recognised in schools.... given the chance, they will call the person who has done the 4 year teaching degree over the one who has done a dip ed for a casual day.....

Also, I believe the dip ed is being phased out, so probably best to talk to the careers peoples...

em_516

bludging..
HSC
how do you mean?
anyway, point is, i think you should talk to the careers people..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)