BAs in 2006 (1 Viewer)

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
erawamai said:
Bahah. Deary me.

I think I'll take a pass. Complete the remaining two last ever remaining arts essays (!!!) *tears* and get on with law.
Sure thing - what ever floats your boat.

QUESTION: Hons in law at UNSW - are they awarded based on WAM like at USyd and not on an additional honours year? If so, do you support the introduction of an optional honours year in law degrees, like arts? There is a movement at USyd to do that as part of the broader changes to the law degree.

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
I'm doing honours in history next year - yay! The department has changed the structure of the honours year starting as of next year so now hist hons students do two 12-cp subjects in the first semester and only write their thesis in the second with the thesis due now in mid-November! yay! :)

Plus there are some new interesting honours seminars on offer for the first time next year - I am spoilt for choice! :)

Hugs hugs hugs :)

walrusbear

HSC
Generator said:
Overly stressful. I have always been a last minute worker, and this year has been no different... Apart from the fact that this is no mere essay and that I am worrying about the fact that what I produce and the mark that it receives will pretty much be indicative of both my capabilities as a person and my achievements throughout my regular undergrad career. As a matter of fact, I shouldn't be on BOS at the moment, and I think that I'll go into self-imposed exile for a few weeks so that I can get through this sense of writer's block that's leading me to procrastinate.

You should seriously consider taking an Honours year. Provided that you plan your time and stick to such a schedule, you cannot go wrong :).
i'm very hard to motivate and only do things at the last minute also. and i've always worked that way.

i still think honours would help with employment and be very rewarding so for the time being i'll stay on track for it.
i'm sure it'd be a big stressful time tho

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
ManlyChief said:
QUESTION: Hons in law at UNSW - are they awarded based on WAM like at USyd and not on an additional honours year? If so, do you support the introduction of an optional honours year in law degrees, like arts? There is a movement at USyd to do that as part of the broader changes to the law degree.
No honours in law at UNSW!!!

It was considered too elitst. Typical.

I don't think a wam like honours for unsw would work well. People are already too competitive about law marks and law marks can be a litttle random. We all know that some teachers determine marks by using a dartboard in the staffroom and we all know that sometimes a mark of 85 in property doesn't mean the person actually know what the hell was going on.

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
grk_styl said:
you have to get a credit average in a particular subject over 4 years to do a honours year right?
Generally, but requirements could be higher if entry is competitive thanks to the ever present issue of supply and demand. The faculty resolutions spell out what each faculty requires, and whether any particular majors differ in what is needed to enter an Honours year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)