• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Basic help with Car Audio (1 Viewer)

HSC
yeah..the salesdude was hard selling it and was giving it big wraps over the other amps, saying it had better quality sound compared to even more expensive brands..

i think MTX was even featured in the show "Pimp my Ride"...they installed a massive 22" "Jackhammer" made by MTX

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL I just need a 12"... I thought Pioneer or if I am willing to splurge a bit, Punch P2 was the way to go.

So is MTX a decent brand? The casing looked nice.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
They should be able to show you the stuff running in store and offer a direct comparison between the two.

This said I have heard good things about MTX - as a general rule of thumb as long as you buy a brand (kenwood, pioneer, clarion, rockford fosgate, etc NOT sony) then you'll be fine as quality is all much of a muchness.

PS: $10 says that whilst the MTX may be cheaper/the same price the profit margin is bigger.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I've heard it in the store before but whilst I think I've got a good ear, I probably can't tell the difference between Pioneer and MTX.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
As logical as that sounds, if the cost of getting a brand which is good is only a little bit more... maybe over time I will appreciate it? I don't think the price difference is very great (<$50) and if it means I'm getting a much better quality product or something which I'll appreciate more in the long run, then that's a better idea.

In short, Pioneer vs. MTX. Is it worth saving a few bucks?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I'd say yes because I can't envisage you have reliability/quality problems with either of the subs in question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)