Basic Thoughts & Opinions on Music 1 (1 Viewer)

mike2795

drummer
Sydney By Night - James Morrison
Caravan - Duke Ellington
Metallica Medley (Hit The Lights/Enter Sandman/Blackened/Creeping Death)
Daves Gone Skiing - Toto (which is in something like 17/4. crazy, lol)
i thought the exam was ok. i thought question 3 was the best. i always talk about pieces i dont like much better cos i can hear more in it, or something, lol...plus it was just so weird, plent to write about. i wrote more then the lines for every question so i was happy. not to bad for a mere drummer anyway, lol.

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
what I did

pinkballerina18 said:
I am just curious as to what options (performance, viva, composition?) people chose for their practical, which was ages ago, I know. And what instrument/s do you play?

I play marimba,
And for those of you who are thinking, what the shit is a marimba? I'll tell you, its a big wooden xylophone...

I did 4 performances
"mbira Song" by Alice Gomez - 4 mallet piece
"the Two Imps" By ...someone i forgot, but it was a duet with another marimba player
"Rain Dance" - 4 mallet piece
"Sonata Allegro" accompanied by piano

yep yep yep :D :uhhuh: :uhhuh: :D :D

pinkballerina18

HSC
Coolness!

jooobl said:
I play marimba,
And for those of you who are thinking, what the shit is a marimba? I'll tell you, its a big wooden xylophone...

I did 4 performances
"mbira Song" by Alice Gomez - 4 mallet piece
"the Two Imps" By ...someone i forgot, but it was a duet with another marimba player
"Rain Dance" - 4 mallet piece
"Sonata Allegro" accompanied by piano

yep yep yep :D :uhhuh: :uhhuh: :D :D
Hey Joo...Where did you go to learn marimba??? That is so mad. I sing and play harp...But marimba...That would be hard finding a teacher...You got me interested now! LOL

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
Reply!

Dammit I just typed up this huge thing then the "page could not be shown" or some shit

Oh well I'll start again

I played percussion when i lived in brisbane from grade five to highschool, then turned to doing purely tuned percussion (xylophones and marimbas), involved in ensembles and stuff.

I moved to Sydney at the start of grade 10, gave up joining school bands and stuff due to the new school being completely shit, then I started focussing on solo marimba playing. My tutor taught me in Hornsby and taught me for an hour or so each week. He was really good. I had to drive for an hour there and an hour back each Saturday morning which wasn't so good, haha. I live on the northern beaches that's why

I have played other instruments too like guitar and piano, but Marimba is definetly my favourite, it is so different and unique, and so much fun to play.

haha I am sounding rather geeky now re-reading that haha :p :D

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
jooobl said:
Dammit I just typed up this huge thing then the "page could not be shown" or some shit

Oh well I'll start again

I played percussion when i lived in brisbane from grade five to highschool, then turned to doing purely tuned percussion (xylophones and marimbas), involved in ensembles and stuff.

I moved to Sydney at the start of grade 10, gave up joining school bands and stuff due to the new school being completely shit, then I started focussing on solo marimba playing. My tutor taught me in Hornsby and taught me for an hour or so each week. He was really good. I had to drive for an hour there and an hour back each Saturday morning which wasn't so good, haha. I live on the northern beaches that's why

I have played other instruments too like guitar and piano, but Marimba is definetly my favourite, it is so different and unique, and so much fun to play.

haha I am sounding rather geeky now re-reading that haha :p :D

I've never played percussion, but I wrote a really really cool piece for two vibraphones and a marimba that still nees to be premiered.

Browsa

HSC
OK. The September 15 exam shocked me a bit with the timing of the Musicology Viva Voce presentations I had to put foward to the examiners. The time just went *snaps* like that! I don't think I said enough even though I was trying my best to in the duration of 10 minutes.

The Aural exam I really liked! The questions were easy - I wrote heaps of stuff, drew diagrams, used relevant musical terms and the tracks that were played was music we could all relate to (my HSC class only consisted of three people)

shellegg

HSC
ok got a question....
aural is only a small percentage of the hsc mark right?
so if i got nominated for encore and garenteed 70% for prac then does that meant tha i only need like 30% to get get 100?
hmmmmm
would be nice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)