• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Batman = a pile of fucking shit. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
It was alright up until the 2/3rd mark then it just turned into a sausage fest.

The oil drum scene was just fucking gay ('only one of your friends will live, who's it gonna be?')

Harvey had 'gullible' written all over him after a 2 minute scene with the joker turned him evil. Plus all that shit with the coin:

'THE ONLY MORALITY IS CHANCE!'

And where the fuck did his nickname '2 face' come from anyway?

Morgan Freeman gives me the shits. He always has to play some 'wise old black guy' role, you know exactly what his character is going to be before the movie even starts.

The only decent character was the Joker. You might even say Heath Ledger will take that role to his grave.

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
cannibal.horse said:
It was alright up until the 2/3rd mark then it just turned into a sausage fest.

The oil drum scene was just fucking gay ('only one of your friends will live, who's it gonna be?')

Harvey had 'gullible' written all over him after a 2 minute scene with the joker turned him evil. Plus all that shit with the coin:

'THE ONLY MORALITY IS CHANCE!'

And where the fuck did his nickname '2 face' come from anyway?

Morgan Freeman gives me the shits. He always has to play some 'wise old black guy' role, you know exactly what his character is going to be before the movie even starts.

The only decent character was the Joker. You might even say Heath Ledger will take that role to his grave.
Oil drum scene was gay because...CAUSE IT JUST IS!!!
Nice justification. You obviously missed the point of Batman breaking his one rule and the killing joke behind it. Batman does not kill, this is his character's hamrtia and his defining characteristic. He lives by this code no matter what, Joker wanted to show him that 'The only sensible way to live life is without rules', so by getting Batman to choose only ONE ally to live, he inadvertedly kills another and by switching the address the Joker plays his killing joke by having Batman have to live with the realization that he was going to kill Harvey for Rachel. And it also has nice symbolocial meaning behind - the two options represents the themes of duality, represents the Batman moral code ( HArvey) and Bruce Waynes personal life (Rachel) etc etc i could go on, but you'd probably consider Transformers = the best move of the year.

And plus, Joker didn't turn him evil. Again you miss the point, maybe there wasn't enough CGI robots for you? Joker was there to push Harvey across teh edge, the man just lost half his face and his 'fiancee'. Of course his vulnerable, not only that, his consumed by rage. He knows the policemen and the allies around him are corrupt and the very people he banded with to save Gotham with betrayed him. Who wouldn't bloody pissed off? Joker just showed him how unfair the system is and how everyone was against him. Two face was an anti-hero, a vigilante like Batman, but he took it to the next level. and all that shit with the coin? :( Obviously not understanding the trademark of the character, unable to decide, unwilling to yield to subjective perceptions and descisions, leaving it all to unbiased chance. This is who Two-Face is. He is justice with a twist, he doesn't decide who dies or lives based on his memories or feelings, only the coin. Another case of missing the point or just having the attention span of a five year old. Oh and the name comes from the *ahem* original source material? The comics? You know, the thing Batman is based on. And if your looking at a TDK context, then it was what the MCU called him when Harvey was in Internal Affairs investigating Wuertz and Ramiurez ( it's a marvel what paying attention can do to you).

And as for arguing Morgan, 'wise old black guy' - flawed logic, obviously only seen his post-Wanted movies so far :p And it's silly, Freeman has his own comfortable acting range, and so do most actors who aren't into 'the method'. Take Jack Nicholson for example, teh same kinda logic can be applied to him but it doesn't take away his acting merit.

HSC
lololskates said:
Oil drum scene was gay because...CAUSE IT JUST IS!!!
Nice justification. You obviously missed the point of Batman breaking his one rule and the killing joke behind it. Batman does not kill, this is his character's hamrtia and his defining characteristic. He lives by this code no matter what, Joker wanted to show him that 'The only sensible way to live life is without rules', so by getting Batman to choose only ONE ally to live, he inadvertedly kills another and by switching the address the Joker plays his killing joke by having Batman have to live with the realization that he was going to kill Harvey for Rachel. And it also has nice symbolocial meaning behind - the two options represents the themes of duality, represents the Batman moral code ( HArvey) and Bruce Waynes personal life (Rachel) etc etc i could go on, but you'd probably consider Transformers = the best move of the year.
It was incredibly gay because its fucking cliche as you son of a bitch. 'one of your friends will die, you decide'

If you thought the anarchy theme was brilliant you're a fucking idiot. It was a half assed attempt at a moral social commentry ('how should America fight terrorism?') its been done before and its seriously fucking boring.

OMG RACHEL AND HARVEY REPRESENT BATMAN'S DUAL PERSONALITIES! characters always embody ideologys and ideas you stupid piece of shit it was by no means innovative. Minghella makes films with fucking brilliant biblical illusions and staging devices and all batman could come up with is RACHEL EMBODIES SOMETHING!

Face it, Batman's about a rich prat who because he can purchase expensive technology he can be above the law - and he fucking does, great fucking theme!

lololskates said:
And plus, Joker didn't turn him evil. Again you miss the point, maybe there wasn't enough CGI robots for you? Joker was there to push Harvey across teh edge, the man just lost half his face and his 'fiancee'. Of course his vulnerable, not only that, his consumed by rage. He knows the policemen and the allies around him are corrupt and the very people he banded with to save Gotham with betrayed him. Who wouldn't bloody pissed off? Joker just showed him how unfair the system is and how everyone was against him. Two face was an anti-hero, a vigilante like Batman, but he took it to the next level. and all that shit with the coin? :( Obviously not understanding the trademark of the character, unable to decide, unwilling to yield to subjective perceptions and descisions, leaving it all to unbiased chance. This is who Two-Face is. He is justice with a twist, he doesn't decide who dies or lives based on his memories or feelings, only the coin. Another case of missing the point or just having the attention span of a five year old. Oh and the name comes from the *ahem* original source material? The comics? You know, the thing Batman is based on. And if your looking at a TDK context, then it was what the MCU called him when Harvey was in Internal Affairs investigating Wuertz and Ramiurez ( it's a marvel what paying attention can do to you).
The Joker turned him evil you stupid fuck, quite obviously he bared resentment to the Joker because when he first rocked up he wanted to kill him.

There were a lot of themes running through this movie which were underplayed. the corruption theme was only given a passing mention through dialogue, we were first introduced to the coin when he randomly flicked it at rachel.

I shouldn't have to fucking read the comics, I paid $10 bucks for a movie, you go and see lord of the rings and you certainly don't need to have read the book to have done so.

Plus, I'm noticing a lot of insults thrown at me through your long winded pile of 'protecting the work of big honcho studios who can't come up with anything new so they rehash old comic book hero stories'. By the fact you started flapping in the cinema when you figured out RACHEL EMBODIES SHIT makes any insult you throw at me laughable.

lololskates said:
And as for arguing Morgan, 'wise old black guy' - flawed logic, obviously only seen his post-Wanted movies so far :p And it's silly, Freeman has his own comfortable acting range, and so do most actors who aren't into 'the method'. Take Jack Nicholson for example, teh same kinda logic can be applied to him but it doesn't take away his acting merit.
I apologise for being critical of Morgan's 1 dimensional characters. It pisses me off that everytime I see him I always fucking know what he's going to be - the wise old black guy, in order to play against the stereotype that black people are fucking idiots. Unfortunately he's a shit boring actor and I don't need moralising shoved down my throat everytime I see a movie.

jordankuai22

HSC
cannibal.horse said:
It was incredibly gay because its fucking cliche as you son of a bitch. 'one of your friends will die, you decide'

If you thought the anarchy theme was brilliant you're a fucking idiot. It was a half assed attempt at a moral social commentry ('how should America fight terrorism?') its been done before and its seriously fucking boring.

OMG RACHEL AND HARVEY REPRESENT BATMAN'S DUAL PERSONALITIES! characters always embody ideologys and ideas you stupid piece of shit it was by no means innovative. Minghella makes films with fucking brilliant biblical illusions and staging devices and all batman could come up with is RACHEL EMBODIES SOMETHING!

Face it, Batman's about a rich prat who because he can purchase expensive technology he can be above the law - and he fucking does, great fucking theme!

The Joker turned him evil you stupid fuck, quite obviously he bared resentment to the Joker because when he first rocked up he wanted to kill him.

There were a lot of themes running through this movie which were underplayed. the corruption theme was only given a passing mention through dialogue, we were first introduced to the coin when he randomly flicked it at rachel.

I shouldn't have to fucking read the comics, I paid $10 bucks for a movie, you go and see lord of the rings and you certainly don't need to have read the book to have done so.

Plus, I'm noticing a lot of insults thrown at me through your long winded pile of 'protecting the work of big honcho studios who can't come up with anything new so they rehash old comic book hero stories'. By the fact you started flapping in the cinema when you figured out RACHEL EMBODIES SHIT makes any insult you throw at me laughable.

I apologise for being critical of Morgan's 1 dimensional characters. It pisses me off that everytime I see him I always fucking know what he's going to be - the wise old black guy, in order to play against the stereotype that black people are fucking idiots. Unfortunately he's a shit boring actor and I don't need moralising shoved down my throat everytime I see a movie.
shut the fuck up.

HSC
jordankuai22 said:
shut the fuck up.
You shut the fuck up you fucking sons of bitches, go suck Warner Bros. cash inflated jew cock.

Motherfucking cockfaggot.

Last edited:

jordankuai22

HSC
cannibal.horse said:
You shut the fuck up you fucking sons of bitches, go suck Warner Bros. cash inflated jew cock.

Motherfucking cockfaggot.
shut it nub

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Thing is, comic books movies are always cookie-cutter. Standard superheros facing the same moral dilemmas.

It's all in the execution, and the dark knight was very well done.

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
its the best pile of fucking shit i've seen in a long time

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah Batman might not have been groundbreaking, but it certainly wasn't Frankenfish or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)