• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Battle of the Broadband Providers!!! (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
When I swapped over to Internode, it was extremely simple. I sent the transfer online through the churning process... They said it would only take 3-5 to completely change over.

I got home one night and the Internet wasn't working so I figured the Bigpond Internet had been cut off... after some fiddling around with the settings of the router (after finding the pdf file with the data I needed :D)... changed over within 5 minutes after restarting router etc...

I rang Internode the next morning just to confirm everything was fine. Then I rang Bigpond as a courtesy call to let them know and not to charge me anymore (because they said they were going to do so, bastards).

badquinton304

HSC
If you ever want a better deal just tell them your leaving for X company which gives me Y gb at Z per second and after some transfers to a different call centres you will be surprised how many will offer you a better plan.

w8t4hope

HSC
TPG seems not to work wen its rainy or windy in my area.. lol.

aussie-boy

HSC
I guess.. I just wanted to see if I can negotiate with them and actually sign up.
I just feel comfortable speaking to a person and inquiring when I'm signing up for something important.
Someone with this attitude should not be signing up to a cheap ISP.

We did everything online, and their email tech support can process any request straight away (e.g. when i wanted to get TPG mobile, didn't have to ring/sign anything).

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Aquawhite said:
Hahaa, that'd suck. I wouldn't put up with that personally, and it shouldn't be happening unless you're using satellite.
Shouldn't even be happening with satellite. I generally reach my max speed with a storm going on. Except for that time I needed a new dish....

But no seriously Internode is fast, reliable and has good customer service. I'm not with them personally because I'm in a rural area(as in out of a town, on a property) but I know people who haven't had problems.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Shouldn't even be happening with satellite. I generally reach my max speed with a storm going on. Except for that time I needed a new dish....

But no seriously Internode is fast, reliable and has good customer service. I'm not with them personally because I'm in a rural area(as in out of a town, on a property) but I know people who haven't had problems.
You're spot on with Internode having very nice Internet speeds and the best customer service going around, the waiting is very minimal when you call them (unless it's uber busy) and they'll call you back cause they'll ask if you want them to... it's great.

My friend has satellite out on his property (despite the fact that ADSL can reach his place) and I know for a fact that the internet goes slower when there is dense cloud cover and we avoid even using the internet (or computer) in storms for obvious reasons, but the internet usually fails to connect then.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Yay for surge protectors. But yeah I used to have problems with my speeds with dense cloud cover and problems with storms. But of course now I got a replacement dish due to numerous drop outs caused by water in the old one :D so it's fine.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Never ever going to get Telstra.

~$50 for 12GB.

HSC
Uni Grad
Yep, and I've been capped for a week already with them shits. We payed $40 for 9 months and $70 for 15, so fucking shit house...12g goes too quick.

Then there is TPG with 50 delicious gigs for $50 (not in sydney), infinitely better but fucking Telstra contract.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Never ever going to get Telstra.

~$50 for 12GB.
It's not all about download limit. The service is pretty damn good, from someone thats been with them since the days of dial up. You generally do get what you pay for, telstra's network almost never has problems.

Aside from that they do have a massive network to maintain and at the end of the day they're a business that needs to turn a profit too.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
It's not all about download limit. The service is pretty damn good, from someone thats been with them since the days of dial up. You generally do get what you pay for, telstra's network almost never has problems.

Aside from that they do have a massive network to maintain and at the end of the day they're a business that needs to turn a profit too.
Yeah they would have to turn over $226M just to pay for the satelite transponders they rent off Optus.

xMaFF

HSC
HEY ALL~! I BRING GOOD NEWS!!!

I'm back!! :D
Which means my broadband transition from Bigpond to TPG has been a success!

Up until now, I have been without internet for 5 days.
The phone call process of going through procedures in changing the internet route thingy wasn't that hard.

Everything was worth it!! I'm so happy, now I can download all I want without yield! 120GB! *yay*

Thanks to all who contributed in this thread :D
I will rep you shortly~ :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)