• Best of luck to the class of 2019 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • Like us on facebook here

Baulkham Hills vs Girraween vs Penrith (1 Viewer)

StrawberryZephyr

HSC
Hi! I'm in year 10 and I have been considering various options for schools to move to in year 11 (I was originally considering St Marys Senior High but I decided against it) and I was wondering, out of Baulkham Hills, Girraween and Penrith, which is better?

I want to do Chemistry, Biology, Maths extension, and I am currently doing accelerated Modern History, so if any of you have gone to those schools and done those subjects, could you tell me what it's like?

Also, how strict are teachers at those schools, and how stressful is it there?

Lastly, if anyone entered after year 7, what are the selection processes like? How hard are they? Do you have any advice for getting into one of those schools in year 11?

Thanks!

Accurate

HSC
Well of course Baulkham Hills is the best, but I'd go to Girraween. You have to do an exam to get in, and you're in luck this year they accept 20 people for year 10, but technically 25 cause people leave and go to other schools. The reason I say Girraween because from experience, most people there are more nice and a more calming environment, Baulko on the other hand is quite toxic. Again take this for a grain of salt, i dont go to either schools but that's what I've heard from friends.

ahri

HSC
Would personally recommend Girraween or Penrith.

BHHS:
- Can/ will try to accommodate for accelerated but you would simply be put in a class with year 12s
- Easier to get in than Girra
- Higher ranking, better scaling
- More competition to motivate you

-More competition (especially when it comes to maths, it's insanely competitive)
-Very high stress, lowkey toxic culture

http://community.boredofstudies.org/2/school-secondary-education/378788/baulkham-hills-application-guide.html
This is a good guide for applying to Baulko.

Girra and Penrith would obviously be more chill, but Girra does not do any accelerated subjects other than Chemistry, so they would not be able to accomodate.

BHHS is just report, which is pretty subjective in itself, whilst Girra uses an exam. I personally prefer the exam since it ranks you against the other applicants and its a better accuracy of how you will perform in the school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)