BB/HR students alert (2 Viewers)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I agree its fantastic experience, but, personally I need the money more! And the 4 days a week I think is expecting too much from a full-time uni student - even part-time I would question. I'm doing 3 days a week currently, and my uni work would suffer if I took on any more hours.

... Its a tough call... It would be great experience because its with a reputable company... at worst, you could work for a semester, and then leave if the money/hours became a problem.

Ooh, and before its overlooked, congrats on getting the interview Annie!! :D

mserica

HSC
I agree with Mj, with regards to the commitment you have made to uni.

I have noticed im on the opposite end to most of the BOS as I am working full time and studying part time, i must say that Uni does take a back seat and that work comes first - at least 90% of the time.

Thankfully i only study 2 subjects which at times I wish i was only doing one but thats what i have chosen.

If you want to do uni full time than it could become stressful as your focus would be taken from your studies and that the hour of this role would impact slightly on your current routine.

Good Luck!!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
MaryJane said:
I agree its fantastic experience, but, personally I need the money more! And the 4 days a week I think is expecting too much from a full-time uni student - even part-time I would question. I'm doing 3 days a week currently, and my uni work would suffer if I took on any more hours.

... Its a tough call... It would be great experience because its with a reputable company... at worst, you could work for a semester, and then leave if the money/hours became a problem.

Hrrm maybe i should just do 3 subjects next semester then?? ... hrrm

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
MaryJane said:

and thanx mj, but i havn't officially made it to even the "second round" yet so yeah lol i'de save the congrats for later if it even happens.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
wow $14, thats not the best paying job. however, if i got offered it id take it. experience is priceless. ask them if they want me.

gnrlies

HSC
Yeah I had my interview for it. Here are my thoughts

The job itself is a crap job. So if I werent looking at going into HR in the future and this was just a secretarial job or something (which it is) then I wouldn't want 14 an hour. BUT its experience, and if HR is a desired career path, then the experience is priceless, just that the benefits are experienced later, not now....

As for the 4 days a week, im not toooo worried by that, although it isn't ideal. When I think about it, I actually think it would help me. Reason being is because not only will it force me to go to uni, but it will make me think - I cant wait to go to class (Uh? haha thought id never say that) because its a bit of variety in the day. Whilst its four days, if you can minimise the unnecessary classes (which I do anyway) and just go to essential tutes and lects you can save time. Your at uni anyway. Just maybe fiddle with subs and choose the really easy ones.

Whether I would take it? this is what im thinking... YES, I would take it if I was offered because the opportunity is a good one and I would feel obliged to take it.

But on the same hand, I am secretly hoping I dont get it, so that I dont have a choice, and I dont have to wrestle with my mind!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)